The first thing people have noticed is the maximum ISO of 6400 for both the EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R.
We’re told this is because of a much stronger CFA which will produce much greater color accuracy than anything currently in the Canon lineup.
The EOS 5D Mark IV will be the camera geared to sensitivity and lowlight performance and we will see one sometime in 2015.
More to come…
As first reported here, the Canon EOS 5DS will be coming next week and the specs have leaked.
- 50.6MP full frame CMOS sensor
- 5DS R has the low pass filter removed
- Magnesium Alloy Body
- Dust and weather sealed
- Dual DIGIC6 processor
- ISO Range of 100-6400
- 5FPS continuous shooting
- High precision 61-point AF
- EOS Itr AF
- “fine detail” added to the Picture Styles
- 1.3x and 1.6x crop shooting mode
- Customizable “Quick Control screen”
- Time-lapse movie
- Interval Timer
- Bulb timer
The specifications for the long rumoured Canon EF 11-24 f/4L USM have finally been revealed.
Canon EF 11-24 f/4L USM (Google Translated)
- Ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for full-size
- Weather Sealing
- SWC coating
- ASC coating
- Fluorine coating
- One large diameter grinding aspherical lens, large-diameter glass molded aspherical lens one, glass mold aspherical lens two, one Super UD lens, one UD lens
The brand new Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX is now available for preorder at B&H Photo for $599. This lens is for APS-C cameras.
- EF Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 17.5-32mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- P-MO & Glass-Molded Aspherical Elements
- Three SD Ultra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Multi-Layer Lens Coatings
- Internal Focus; One-Touch Focus Clutch
- Nine-Blade Diaphragm
Preorder: Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX at B&H Photo
Firmware Version 2.0.7 incorporates the following functional improvements and fixes.
- Improves the AF controllability when shooting in Live View mode with a wide-angle lens (fixed focal length or zoom).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, when shooting long exposures (several minutes), vertical lines appear on the right edge of captured images (still photos).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) may not perform as intended when in continuous shooting mode and where the shutter speed is longer than 1 second.
- Improves the reliability of the control mechanism for the Picture Style Auto setting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the electronic level indicator does not work correctly.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, when using the “Save and read camera settings” function, the color space data that is selected in “Custom shooting mode (C1-C3)” is not saved. *1
- Corrects some incorrect indications on the “English” and “Russian” menu screens.
Download firmware 2.0.7 at Canon USA