Canon EOS 7D Mark II Speculation [CR1]
By| June 18, 2014
Below are some points sent to me by someone who says they have spoken to a person who has shot with the EOS 7D Mark II. Some of the points are a bit vague, but could bring about better information in the near future.
This is the first I’ve heard about a megapixel count being “quite high”, It has been expected the camera would be around 24mp.
Below is a direct quote of what we were told.
- Quite high MP count
- Vastly improved AF performance
- Greatly improved low light and ISO/noise performance
- Potentially a different sensor and/or technology than expected
- Good price point
- Very close to ‘pro’ classification, but non-compete with flagship such as 1dx
- Release by Fall season as expected
- Canon holding back 7Dmk2 for a reason. I suspect 100-400 mk2 announcement, or some other coinciding situation.