Archive for the ‘Contests’ Category
We’ve been at it for a few months. We’ve seen a lot of great photography, however there can only be one grand prize winner. Without further ado, below are the top 3 entrants in the inaugural Canon Rumors Lens Giveaway Contest!
Third Place: Prize – 500px 1 Year Membership
chaselindberg – Abstract Category
3rd Place | Abstract Category
2nd Place: Prize – Gura Gear Kiboko 22L Backpack
lmks0001 – Action & Sports Category
2nd Place | Action & Sport Category
1st Place – Grand Prize Winner: A choice between the Canon EF 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS or Canon EF 8-15 f/4L Fisheye
efroten – Black & White Category
1st Place | Black & White Category
Congrats to all the winners. You will be notified via the forum messaging system.
Congratulations to everyone that entered the contest, it surpassed all expecations. We’ll have another photo contest in March, this one will be a little unique.
Down to the final 13
The 2nd round of selections in the Lens Giveaway Contest has finished.
Congratulations to all the category winners.
See the winners here
Each category winner will now be judged against each other to select the top 3 photographs from the contest.
How were the category winners selected?
A panel of 4 judges:
- A high end wedding photographer
- Technical photography wizard
- Mixed Medium Photographer
- Yours Truly
- Each judge ranked each category 1st through 10th.
- A 1st place showing was worth 10pts, a 2nd place showing was worth 9pts, and so on.
- If there was a tie, the first tiebreaker was highest position on the 4 lists. The 2nd tie breaker was the lowest an image appeared on a list.
The next round will use 10 judges to select the winner and the two runners-up.
Added Prize – Landscape Category Winner
The folks at Gura Gear have donated a Gura Gear Kiboko 22L to the winner of the Landscape category. Congratulations zedarean!
I’m working on prizes for the other categories, this came about after the contest was already judged.
B&H is running an exciting video contest! We want our fans and customers to capture a short video of a B&H package being unboxed and then share it with their friends. And of course, enter the contest for the chance to win a Canon 5D Markll.
Capture a short video of a B&H package being unboxed and enter to win a DSLR camera or a Shoot & Share Camcorder. Keep it simple! Any video capture device welcome.
Official B&H Unboxing Contest Page
I used to think unboxing videos were kind of boring, not anymore. I’m sure a few boxes will be opened in the next week or so.
Congratulations to everyone
All the finalists for the Lens Giveaway Contest have now been selected. There was some great stuff posted. I thank each and every person that participated. Talking about the gear is fun, using it moreso, or at least it should be.
You can view them all here.
I now have a panel of judges that are going to rank each image in each category 1 through 10. Each ranking will have a point value and that will select the best image in each category.
Once that is done, then a separate panel of judges will rank the images 1 through 13 and the same point system will be used. We’ll then announce the winner.
Unsure, everyone has a tight schedule around the holidays. I will let you know when I know.
Lens Giveaway Contest!
Thanks to everyone that entered the contest. The amount of entries exceeded all expectations. Combing through them all has proven to be one of the most daunting things I have done here at Canon Rumors. Congratulations to everyone who entered. Good luck to all the finalists!
The first finalists have been posted in the forum. Astrophotography and Underwater are the first categories up. I will be adding 2 categories a day.
Day 1 Finalists (December 8)
Day 2 Finalists (December 9)
Day 3 Finalists (December 10)
Day 4 Finalists (December 11)
Day 5 Finalists (December 16)
Day 6 Finalists (December 18)
Day 7 Finalists (December 20)
The lens giveaway contest here at Canon Rumors has no come to a close for submissions.
Thanks to everyone that entered, I have a lot of work ahead of me choosing the entries to be judged.
On November 25, 2011 I will present the 10 finalists in each category. I have increased the number to get a better range of photographs to be judged.
You can still view all the entries here.
If you’ve entered the photo contest, you are already eligible to win. I will randomly select 20 people in the contest for a giveaway of 4 Canon 50mm Lens Bracelets in two different sizes.
If you don’t win, you can save 10% on some by using the coupon code “IMWITHCR” (without the quotes) at the official Lens Bracelet site.
Great entries so far, I’m having a great time looking at the images.
Yay! Free Stuff!
I did a pre-announcement of the contest on Facebook some time ago, and today again at the Planet5D interview. So here it finally is.
The Grand Prize:
The winner may pick one of the following lenses.
The 2nd Prize
A new bag! Once again from Gura Gear.
I will be giving out random prizes to people that participate. You never know when you’re going to get a message from me giving something away.
How it works?
It’s simple, this is a photo contest. The best photograph at the end of the day will win the grand prize. The runner-up will receive the 2nd prize.
Where do I post the images?
You post the images on our forum. There are threads in the forum called “Lens Giveaway Contest”. Post to the corresponding thread for your image submission.
Link to the forum
The following categories are what your photos must fall under. We’re going to be pretty lenient on this, the categories are just a guideline.
The above links go to the corresponding forum thread.
- All images must be posted in the forum to qualify. No email or Facebook submissions will qualify.
- Images must be 700px wide on their longest axis. Larger and smaller are not permitted.
- You may enter the contest as many times in as many categories as you’d like. Remember, one entry per post.
- No commenting in any of the contest threads. They are strictly for images.
- You must use a Canon camera to make the images. I will request EXIF data of all the winners.
- The contest is worldwide, however there are countries in turmoil I will not ship to. I.E Iraq, Central Africa Republic, those sort of places.
- The contest runs from now until November 15, 2011.
- Only post in the boards that are prefixed with *Contest*
- You may watermark your images, but the watermark must be in the corners and not the center of the image.
- You may give a brief description of your photograph.
- No nudity or pornography. If you have an image that you’re not sure whether it’s appropriate, please email me.
- If you can’t figure out a category to post your image in, please email me.
- I will select the best 10 images from each category after the November 15, 2011 end date. Then a panel of judges will select the best in each category and present them, then the same panel will select the overall winner.
Terms & Conditions
- There is no age restriction
- You retain full ownership of your images. They’re yours, not mine.
The above rules will probably evolve and be added to over the next little while, so please keep checking back.
You may discuss the contest on a thread dedicated to it. It can be read here.
Holga Direct is showing off their new Holga lens mounts by doing a giveaway for the Canon world.
What can I win?
Holga Direct is giving away a Canon Digital Holga Kitchen Sink ($108.99 value).
The “Kitchen Sink” contains the following lenses:
Digital Holga Lens Specifications
- Effective Focal Length: 60mm (120 Medium Format – apply crop ratio as per your SLR)
- Aperture: Fixed f/8
- Focus: Manual Zone Focus
- Lens Type: Plastic
- Dimensions: 38x57mm
- Weight: 38g
- Fisheye for Digital Holga SLR Lens (FEL-HL) Specifications
- Brand new redesign of the classic Holga Fisheye lens for Digital SLR cameras
Telephoto Lens (HT-25) Specifications
- Resulting Lens Angle 46 degrees (120 Medium Format) OR 34 degrees (135 Regular Format)
- Magnification: 2.5x
- Dimensions: 39x57mm
- Weight: 36g
Wide Angle Lens (HW-05) Specifications
- Resulting Lens Angle 93 degrees (120 Medium Format) OR 70 degrees (135 Regular Format)
- Magnification: 0.5x
- Dimensions: 38x57mm
- Weight: 38g
Close-Up Lens Set (CLS-1) Specifications
- Set Contains CL-120 (120mm focal length), CL-250 (250mm focal length) and CL-500 (500mm focal length)
- Accessories: 1 protective bag
Macro Lens Set (MLS-1) Specifications
- Set Contains ML-30 (30mm focal length) and ML-60 (60mm focal length)
- Accessories: 1 protective bag
How do I win?
It’s simple, just leave a comment in the forum thread associated with this post. The gieveaway will be closed in 1 week and I’ll announce the winner.
Who is this giveaway open to?
Anyone on the planet, this giveaway is open to residents of any country.
Holga Direct Facebook Page
I have extended the contest until Thursday, June 2 at 11:59PM EST.
I am enjoying the photo submissions too much to end the contest now. I may add some secret prizes to the pool as well.
Blue Crane Digital Giveaway
The fine folks at Blue Crane Digital have given us some DVD’s to giveaway in a little contest. If you didn’t win the last time, here’s your chance to redeem yourself.
I have the following videos to give away.
How do I win one of these DVD’s?
It’s quite easy, all that is required is photography!
- Post your favourite image on this thread in the forums. No theme, it’s a free for all. Please make the image no wider than 800px.
- Under your image, let me know which DVD you’d like to win.
- I’ll run the contest until Monday, May 30, 2011 at noon GMT -5
- The videos are NTSC only, so be sure you can play them if you’re in a SECAM or PAL part of the planet.
- If you’re new to the forum and do not get a forum activation email, it happens with some ISPs. Your account will automatically be activated in 24 hours.