Lens Giveaway Contest!
Thanks to everyone that entered the contest. The amount of entries exceeded all expectations. Combing through them all has proven to be one of the most daunting things I have done here at Canon Rumors. Congratulations to everyone who entered. Good luck to all the finalists!
The first finalists have been posted in the forum. Astrophotography and Underwater are the first categories up. I will be adding 2 categories a day.
Day 1 Finalists (December 8)
Day 2 Finalists (December 9)
Day 3 Finalists (December 10)
Day 4 Finalists (December 11)
Day 5 Finalists (December 16)
Day 6 Finalists (December 18)
Day 7 Finalists (December 20)
The lens giveaway contest here at Canon Rumors has no come to a close for submissions.
Thanks to everyone that entered, I have a lot of work ahead of me choosing the entries to be judged.
On November 25, 2011 I will present the 10 finalists in each category. I have increased the number to get a better range of photographs to be judged.
You can still view all the entries here.
If you’ve entered the photo contest, you are already eligible to win. I will randomly select 20 people in the contest for a giveaway of 4 Canon 50mm Lens Bracelets in two different sizes.
If you don’t win, you can save 10% on some by using the coupon code “IMWITHCR” (without the quotes) at the official Lens Bracelet site.
Great entries so far, I’m having a great time looking at the images.
Yay! Free Stuff!
I did a pre-announcement of the contest on Facebook some time ago, and today again at the Planet5D interview. So here it finally is.
The Grand Prize:
The winner may pick one of the following lenses.
The 2nd Prize
A new bag! Once again from Gura Gear.
I will be giving out random prizes to people that participate. You never know when you’re going to get a message from me giving something away.
How it works?
It’s simple, this is a photo contest. The best photograph at the end of the day will win the grand prize. The runner-up will receive the 2nd prize.
Where do I post the images?
You post the images on our forum. There are threads in the forum called “Lens Giveaway Contest”. Post to the corresponding thread for your image submission.
Link to the forum
The following categories are what your photos must fall under. We’re going to be pretty lenient on this, the categories are just a guideline.
The above links go to the corresponding forum thread.
- All images must be posted in the forum to qualify. No email or Facebook submissions will qualify.
- Images must be 700px wide on their longest axis. Larger and smaller are not permitted.
- You may enter the contest as many times in as many categories as you’d like. Remember, one entry per post.
- No commenting in any of the contest threads. They are strictly for images.
- You must use a Canon camera to make the images. I will request EXIF data of all the winners.
- The contest is worldwide, however there are countries in turmoil I will not ship to. I.E Iraq, Central Africa Republic, those sort of places.
- The contest runs from now until November 15, 2011.
- Only post in the boards that are prefixed with *Contest*
- You may watermark your images, but the watermark must be in the corners and not the center of the image.
- You may give a brief description of your photograph.
- No nudity or pornography. If you have an image that you’re not sure whether it’s appropriate, please email me.
- If you can’t figure out a category to post your image in, please email me.
- I will select the best 10 images from each category after the November 15, 2011 end date. Then a panel of judges will select the best in each category and present them, then the same panel will select the overall winner.
Terms & Conditions
- There is no age restriction
- You retain full ownership of your images. They’re yours, not mine.
The above rules will probably evolve and be added to over the next little while, so please keep checking back.
You may discuss the contest on a thread dedicated to it. It can be read here.
Holga Direct is showing off their new Holga lens mounts by doing a giveaway for the Canon world.
What can I win?
Holga Direct is giving away a Canon Digital Holga Kitchen Sink ($108.99 value).
The “Kitchen Sink” contains the following lenses: