I received a price list from a German dealer today, omitted on the price list was the 1Ds Mark III and 1D Mark IV. The dealer is a pro dealer.
5D Mark II Crazy Price
Best Buy dumping 5D Mark II’s for what appears to be below cost.
Visit Best Buy 5D Mark II Listing
Canon Australia bug or more?
The 5D Mark II is listed twice on the Canon Australia web site, it wasn’t like this a little while ago. A placeholder or a mistake?
*UPDATE* It was pointed out to me that if you click the second 5D Mark II link, the URL says “6D” at the end. *thanks Mike*
Nothing else too crazy today.
Changes in this firmware
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
- Improves writing/reading speeds when using UDMA 7-compatible CF cards.
- Fixes a phenomenon where the ability to shoot movies may be stopped under the following conditions:
- When using high-capacity (32 GB or greater) CF cards with little available space remaining and the user attempts to start shooting movies; or
- When the camera’s battery is removed and reinserted into the camera and the user immediately attempts to start shooting movies.
- Corrects misspellings in the menu screens displayed in Arabic and Portuguese languages (applies to models outside of the the Japanese market only).
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.8. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Check the firmware section on the Canon USA Site: Canon USA
Firmware 1.0.8 for the 60D
A reader reports buying 2 60D’s and each camera had a different firmware version. One camera was 1.0.5, the other was 1.0.8.
I expect any 60D firwmare update will be “phenomenon” fixes.
1D Mark IV Firmware
I’ve been told again that new firmware for the 1D4 is in the pipeline. A feature or 2 may be added which has delayed development.
New firmware for the sports flagship?
I received word that we can expect a firmware update for the 1D Mark IV sometime in November. It’s said to have general bug fixes and will improve autofocus performance in some situations.
It was also noted that there would be “no significant features added”.