Firmware Version 2.0.7 incorporates the following functional improvements and fixes.
- Improves the AF controllability when shooting in Live View mode with a wide-angle lens (fixed focal length or zoom).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, when shooting long exposures (several minutes), vertical lines appear on the right edge of captured images (still photos).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) may not perform as intended when in continuous shooting mode and where the shutter speed is longer than 1 second.
- Improves the reliability of the control mechanism for the Picture Style Auto setting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the electronic level indicator does not work correctly.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, when using the “Save and read camera settings” function, the color space data that is selected in “Custom shooting mode (C1-C3)” is not saved. *1
- Corrects some incorrect indications on the “English” and “Russian” menu screens.
Download firmware 2.0.7 at Canon USA
Firmware Version 1.3.3 incorporates the following improvement and fix.
1. Improves the AF controllability when shooting in Live View mode with a wide-angle lens (fixed focal length or zoom).
2. Corrects some incorrect indications on the “English” and “Russian” menu screens.
Firmware Version 1.3.3 is for cameras with Firmware Version 1.2.3 or earlier. If your camera’s firmware is already Version 1.3.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before downloading.
Download firmware 1.3.3. at Canon USA
A member at DPReview received a brand new Canon EOS-1D X that has a firmware version of 2.0.7. The current firmware via the Canon web site is version 2.0.3.
I suspect, like the newer firmware version on new EOS 5D Mark IIIs, these firmware updates will have minor fixes and updates.
Over on the Magic Lantern forum a user was trying to install the latest version of the third party software, but was unable to. Their camera has firmware 1.3.3, while Canon has only made version 1.2.3 available on their site. There is no word on what features or fixes have been made available in Canon’s official firmware version 1.3.3.
“Few weeks ago I bought a 5D M III. Today I tried to install Magic Latern, but I failed. The firmware version of my camera is 1.3.3, and there was no ML installation file for this version. Then I visited Cannon’s website to download firmware 1.2.3. I tried to install 1.2.3, but my camera said ‘Firmware older than Ver. 1.3.0 is on memory card. Delete old file and update using later version.’. One thing I was surprised about is that there is no firmware 1.3.3 on Cannon’s webpage. It is very strange that my camera is running 1.3.3 firmware.”
Source: [Magic Lantern]
Image Credit // Xitek Forum
Firmware Version 1.1.6 incorporates the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not first use the center AF point to focus, when the AF point selection is set to automatic in AI Servo AF mode.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which focus cannot be finely adjusted with specific lenses when shooting remotely with EOS Utility software.
- Corrects some Ukrainian language displayed on the menu for ISO Setting.
Firmware Version 1.1.6 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.4. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.6, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
If the firmware is updated from version 1.1.3 or before, the following setting will be reset to default. Menu > Custom Function> C.Fn II: Autofocus > AF Microadjustment> 1: All by same amount
Download firmware 1.1.6 | Canon EOS 6D at B&H Photo