Firmware Version 1.1.4 incorporates the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which some images cannot be transferred to mobile devices running the EOS Remote app.
- Corrects an error in the German language Feature Guide.
- Corrects an error in the Korean language Feature Guide.
Firmware Version 1.1.4 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.3. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Please note: After the firmware update has been performed the following setting will be reset to default.
Menu > Custom Function> C.Fn II: Autofocus > AF Microadjustment> 1: All by same amount
When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
Download Firmware Version 1.1.4 | Canon EOS 6D at B&H Photo
Canon Announces New Firmware Updates for Cinema Cameras and Camcorders Along with Optional Cinema EOS C300 Camera Dual Pixel AF Upgrade
Announcements Include a New Canon RC-V100 Remote Control and Firmware Updates for Peripheral Illumination Correction Support and Continuous Recording for EOS C100 Video Camera
MELVILLE, N.Y., February 24, 2014 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, has announced a variety of performance updates for cameras in its Cinema EOS and XF professional camcorder line. Announced today is a new optional feature upgrade for the EOS C300 Cinema camera which will support Canon’s innovative Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus (AF) technology and enable continuous autofocusing with the entire line of Canon EF lenses and optimized for Canon’s stepping motor (STM) line of lenses when used with the EOS C300 camera. This optional feature upgrade is expected to be available in May 2014 for a cost of $500.00 and will require the EOS C300 camera body to be shipped to an authorized Canon service center for installation.
In addition to the optional feature upgrade for the EOS C300 camera, Canon has also announced the new RC-V100 remote control for Cinema EOS cameras and the XF Series professional HD camcorders; a firmware update that allows for Peripheral Illumination Correction when using the Canon CN-E35mm T1.5 L F Cinema prime lens or the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens with the EOS C500, EOS C300, or EOS C100 cameras and a Continuous Recording function for the EOS C100 Digital Video Camera to help ensure capture of crucial shots in unpredictable situations, such as wedding/event videography, documentary, news, or wildlife production.
“We continue to strive to demonstrate our support of filmmaking and television production professionals through innovative new updates and equipment upgrades that allow our products to better serve these visual storytellers,” stated Yuichi Ishizuka, executive vice president and general manager, Imaging Technologies & Communications Group, Canon U.S.A. “By listening to our customers and responding to the various ways our equipment is used in the marketplace, we look to continually advance the capabilities and features inherent in our cameras, lenses, and accessories.”
EOS C300 Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade
Originally introduced in the Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR camera, Canon Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology is designed to provide continuous autofocus when shooting in single operator, or run-and-gun set-ups like documentaries, weddings, events, or electronic news gathering (ENG). When used in combination with an STM lens, this technology allows for the capture of high quality video without the interruption of noise by the focusing motor.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF is an innovative image-plane phase-detection AF technology that employs a CMOS sensor on which all of the effective pixels are able to perform both imaging and phase-detection AF simultaneously. Although camera operators can still focus manually, this new optional feature upgrade can enable smooth continuous AF with phase detection, a particularly useful feature when shooting with a small crew or single-operator run-and-gun filming and cinéma vérité style shoots.
The optional Dual Pixel CMOS AF feature upgrade for the EOS C300 Cinema camera supports continuous AF with all compatible Canon EF series lenses when shooting subjects positioned in the center of the imaging area. The technology involves complementary use of a contrast signal to achieve advanced autofocus stability that helps reduce the occurrence of loss of focus on a subject. Also included is an AF Lock which allows users to lock a focus point once AF is achieved and recompose the shot. Canon Dual Pixel CMOS AF also nearly doubles the speed of the EOS C300 Cinema camera’s One-Shot AF function, which enables a DP to focus on a subject located at the center of the screen with the push of a button, a feature that is currently supported on 104 Canon EF lens modelsi.
The Dual Pixel CMOS AF feature upgrade for the EOS C300 Cinema camera will be made available to users through an authorized Canon service center. For more information please visit the Canon U.S.A. website athttp://pro.usa.canon.com/EOSC300FeatureUpgrade.
Canon RC-V100 Remote Control
The Canon RC-V100 Remote Control is designed to respond to a diverse array of production needs requiring remote camera operation. The RC-V100 Remote Control enables users to remotely control main camera functions and is compatible with the XF Series professional HD camcorders and Canon’s Cinema EOS C500, Cinema EOS C300 and Cinema EOS C100 cameras. It allows users to remotely control a wide variety of functions built into the cameras, as well as adjust and set various controls, such as exposure and white balance.
The RC-V100 Remote Control is expected to be available in June 2014 at a suggested retail price of $2,999.
Peripheral Illumination Correction
This firmware performance update adds two additional Canon lenses to the list of lens models that maintain even illumination across an image plane, and virtually eliminates vignetting when used in combination with the EOS C500 and EOS C300 Cinema cameras, and the EOS C100 Digital Video Camera. This latest update adds the CN-E35mm T1.5 L F Cinema prime lens and the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens to the seven other Canon CN-E Series Cinema Lenses that share this performance advantage, including the CN-E15.5-47mm and CN-E30-105mm T2.8 L S compact Cinema zooms, and the 14mm, 24mm, 50mm, 85mm, and 135mm Canon CN-E Cinema prime lenses. Fourteen other Canon EF-Series photographic lenses also deliver Peripheral Illumination Correction in combination with these cameras.
The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens offers high magnification in a compact and lightweight telephoto zoom lens with an Optical Image Stabilizer for up to 3.5* equivalent stops for shake correction. The lens’ ultra-quiet stepping motor and focus mechanism support the Canon Dual Pixel CMOS AF autofocus optional upgrade for the Cinema EOS C300 and EOS C100 cameras, providing smooth, continuous autofocusing during video shooting on upgraded models.
EOS C100 Camera Continuous Recording Function Firmware Update
Designed for the capture of crucial, unpredictable scenes during wedding/event, documentary, news, or wildlife filming, the Continuous Recording Function firmware update for the EOS C100 Digital Video Camera enables videographers to insert metadata markers identifying crucial scenes and moments in their footage while continuously recording to the memory capacity. These markers — for both “in” and “out” points — can be set with the press of a button without interrupting the recording process. These markers are identified in metadata as separate “shots,” and are simultaneously recorded to both SD card slots of the EOS C100 camera.
A recap and availability timeline of the feature upgrades and firmware updates detailed in this release can be found in the grid below. For more information, please visit the Canon U.S.A. website athttp://usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/standard_display/cinema-firmware.
|Support for RC-V100
|Peripheral Illumination Correction Lens Additions
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS Rebel T5i/700D.
Firmware Version 1.1.3 incorporates the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera displays Err01 or Err60, or in rare instances will lock-up when in Live View shooting mode (or Movie shooting mode) when attached to the following STM zoom lenses: EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM.
- Corrects some Korean language misspellings displayed on the menu screen.
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera.
- Auto focusing performance under low-light conditions has been enhanced when performing focusing before shooting in AI Servo AF mode. The enhancement comes from the improvement in tracking capability for the first image in the low-light conditions.
- The number of release parameters settings for the “AI Servo AF 2nd image priority” AF function has been increased to enable improved AF tracking in low light or maintain consistent high frames rates during continuous shooting.
- The number of parameters for acceleration/deceleration tracking in the AF Configuration Tool will has been increased.
- Exposure compensation can be performed when using manual exposure and ISO Auto.
- The minimum shutter speed limit for ISO Auto has been increased with shutter speeds up to 1/8000.
- A new function to keep the exposure constant by altering the ISO or shutter speed in manual exposure, when the aperture value changes when zooming or changing lenses has been added.
- A new option has been added to orientation linked AF point to enable only the AF point to switch as you change orientation rather than both AF point/ AF area settings
- A new option to continue to use the previously manually selected AF point as the initial starting AF point when switching to 61-point automatic selection has been added.
- New customization of the Exposure metering and AF controls has been added for more flexibility.
- The number of possibilities for controls to switch between one-shot AF and AI Servo AF using custom controls has been increased.
- A function has been added to allow the playback and review of protected images only.
- A phenomenon has been fixed in which the white balance may be disturbed by the timing of the shutter release when the drive mode is single shooting and a flash (E-TTL)is used.
Firmware Version 2.0.3 is for cameras with firmware Version 1.2.4 or earlier. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 2.0.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware. When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
- Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to Version 2.0.3, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.2 through 1.2.4).
- It is recommended that the latest application software be used, once the EOS-1D X is updated to the new Firmware Version 2.0.3 from older firmware (Versions 1.0.2 through 1.2.4). Certain previous versions of these applications do not support functions which are added by the new firmware. You can download the latest application software from our Web site.
- Accompanying the enhancements to the functions, the instruction manual has also been revised. Users are asked to download both the latest firmware and the instruction manual. You can download the latest instruction manual from our Web site.
Download Firmware Version 2.0.3 for the EOS 1DX
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS C500/C500 PL Cinema EOS Cameras.
EOS C500 Cinema EOS Camera & EOS C500PL Cinema EOS Camera
- When using the Magnify focus assist function, the ability to move the magnified viewing area around the LCD has been added.
- Maximum ISO setting has been increased to ISO 80,000.
- Cinema Gamut mode and DCI-P3+ mode have been added to provide expanded color gamut options in RAW capture.
- 4096×1080-pixel RAW format resolution has been added.
- A Key Lock menu setting has been added which now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the START/STOP button.
- Using the optional Canon WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter, the camera’s remote-control application allows up to two users to access the same unit via a Wi-Fi link providing simultaneous and independent control of camera operation and metadata input.
- Canon Log LUT support has been made possible for HD/SD SDI terminal output.
- ACESproxy output from monitor terminal has been added.
- [ND]/[ND-] have been added as functions that can be allocated to any assignable button.
EOS C500 Digital Cinema Camera only
- Ability to assign the two control dials (body and grip) to operate either Iris or ISO sensitivity independently has been added.
- Peripheral Illumination Correction Data has been added for seven (7) Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and eleven (11) Canon EF Lenses.
Cinema lenses (EF-mount) and Canon EF Lenses which benefit from the new firmware update:
The seven (7) supported Canon Cinema Lenses (EF-mount) are:
- CN-E15.5-47mm T2.8 L S
- CN-E30-105mm T2.8 L S
- CN-E14mm T3.1 L F
- CN-E24mm T1.5 L F
- CN-E50mm T1.3 L F
- CN-E85mm T1.3 L F
- CN-E135mm T2.2 L F
Please note this firmware version does not include the CN-E35mm T1.5 L F.
The eleven (11) supported Canon EF Lenses are:
- EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
- EF500mm f/4L IS II USM
- EF600mm f/4L IS II USM
- EF28mm f/2.8 IS USM
- EF24mm f/2.8 IS USM
- EF40mm f/2.8 STM
- EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM
- EF35mm f/2 IS USM
- EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
- EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 is for Cinema EOS C500 and EOS C500 PL cameras with Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 through 18.104.22.168. If your camera’s firmware is already Version 22.214.171.124.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Download Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 for EOS C500.
Download Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 for EOS C500 PL.
The Instruction Manual provides more information on the new features and benefits available in this firmware update.
Download the new version of the Instruction Manual for the EOS C500.
Download the new version of the Instruction Manual for the EOS C500 PL.