Archive for the ‘Canon Firmware’ Category
A list of improvements in firmware version 1.2.1 is listed below.
- Uncompressed HDMI output is now enabled.
- Enables the center AF point to autofocus when the camera is used with Canon EF lens/extender combinations whose combined maximum aperture is f/8.
- Improves the speed of the camera’s acquisition of focus when using a Canon Speedlite’s AF-assist beam.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may freeze and display Err 70 or Err 80 when a still photo is taken during Live View or in movie shooting mode.
- Fixes a phenomenon that may occur when the continuous shooting priority setting is enabled for multiple exposures, such that, after the sixth image is taken, there is a slight pause before the remainder of the sequence is completed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the viewfinder display shows incorrect information during AEB shooting.
- Communication with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter has been improved.
- When images have been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol, an “O” will be displayed. When images have not been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol, an “X” will be displayed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function properly when an Eye-Fi card is used.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the focal length value listed in the Exif information is not displayed correctly for images shot with the EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the lens firmware cannot be updated properly.
- Corrects errors in the Arabic language menu.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera changes the AF microadjustment value to -8.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the on-screen guidance cannot be fully displayed when setting the maximum limit value for the “Setting the ISO Speed Range for Auto ISO” option.
Download from Canon USA | EOS 5D Mark III at B&H Photo
5D Mark III’s running the new firmware
We’ve received various reports that EOS 5D Mark III’s that have come back from Canon service in the last week are running firmware 1.2.1.
So I guess if you can’t wait until the 30th of April, you can drop your camera off to Canon!
From Canon USA
Canon has updated the product page for the EOS 5D Mark III and have stated April 30, 2013 as the release date for the new firmware that will include clean HDMI out and f/8 autofocus.
EOS 5D Mark III at Canon USA
Firmware coming soon
Lots of questions about the firmware updates Canon announced a while back. A non official source has updated us on the progress of the software updates for the following 3 cameras.
EOS 5D Mark III
Firmware 1.2.0 (may be 1.2.1 when released) will be on our CF cards by the end of April. Canon USA also confirmed this for me.
There is no reported delay on the firmware update for the EOS-1D X. It will arrive in May as previously announced.
Another announcement may be coming at the end of April letting us know when we can expect the 25p at 4K update. One of the challenges is encrypting the firmware to combat hacking or reverse engineering of the software inside the camera.
As for the 120fps/720p mode that leaked in a photo a few weeks ago, that feature won’t appear in the final version of the firmware update due to “stability concerns”.
Buy the: EOS 5D Mark III | EOS-1D X | EOS-1D C
Firmware Version 1.1.3 Incorporates the Following Fix
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the Date/Time/Zone settings screen appears on the LCD display, after the user has already configured these settings. The values for the Date/Time settings may reset if the backup functions which retain those values do not perform properly.
Even if the camera does not exhibit this phenomenon currently, it may in the future. Accordingly, we recommend that you update the Firmware in the camera to version 1.1.3 as soon as possible.
Firmware Version 1.1.3 is for cameras with firmware up to version 1.1.2. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Before downloading the firmware update for your camera, please review the instructions thoroughly.
Download Firmware Here | Canon EOS 6D Body at B&H Photo
Firmware on schedule
The scheduled release of the EOS-1D C firmware for April is still probable.
I received a screenshot of the firmware being tested a few days and just got around to it today. The screenshot shows all the various frame rates available to you for the EOS-1D C. The biggest addition is the ability to record in 25p at 4K resolution.
We’re told it’s going to be available after NAB. Speaking of, we’ll be in Las Vegas next week for NAB checking out the latest in video gear.
EOS-1D C Test Firmware
I haven’t heard anything more about the EOS 5D Mark III firmware that is due in April. There is also a firmware due for the EOS-1D X in May to fix the AF assist issues with Canon Speedlites.
Buy the EOS 5D Mark III | EOS-1D X | EOS-1D C
Official Service Advisory Notice
This service notification e-mail contains important information about your EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR/EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera. Please note that product service announcement e-mails contain advisory or informational content that may be critical to the proper operation of your product, including safety, update, and instructional messages. Please carefully review the information in this e-mail as it relates to your Canon product.
Thank you for using Canon products.
- EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera
- EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera
Depending upon the shooting conditions, it may take slightly longer for the EOS 5D Mark III and EOS-1D X digital SLR cameras to acquire focus when using the Speedlite’s AF Assist Beam, compared with that of the EOS 5D Mark II and EOS-1D Mark IV digital SLR cameras using the Speedlite’s AF Assist Beam.
We are developing a solution to enhance the focusing feature for the EOS 5D Mark III and EOS-1D X and plan to release a firmware update based on following estimated schedule:
- EOS 5D Mark III: (estimated) Late April, 2013
- EOS-1D X: (estimated) Late May, 2013
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III $3149 | Canon EOS-1D X $6728
Firmware 184.108.40.206.00 Available for Download
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Some of the EF lens products that can be mounted on the camera can be controlled more reliably.
- Corrections to the Spanish and German language texts in the View Assistance function (View Assist).
- Efforts to correct image color fringing when a subject is of high contrast have been made.
Download Here | Canon EOS C300 at B&H Photo
New firmware coming
Canon has posted a article in their forum indicating that a firmware fix for the 5D Mark III and the 1dx is being tested to speed up autofocus when using the AF assist liight on a Canon Speedlight. Many users have noted that focus is slow to be achieved compared with older models. A quote from their post is given below.
“Canon has confirmed that, depending upon the shooting conditions, it may take slightly longer for the EOS 5D Mark III and EOS-1D X digital SLR cameras to acquire focus when using the Speedlite’s AF Assist Beam, compared with that of the EOS 5D Mark II and 1dx digital SLR cameras using the Speedlite’s AF Assist Beam. We are developing a firmware update to enhance the focusing feature for the EOS 5D Mark III and the EOS-1D X. The schedule for release of this firmware update will be announced shortly.”
25P for Canon’s 4K DSLR
Well, the 25P firmware we talked about was announced this week, availability won’t be for a few months though.
You can read about the update on the Canon Germany web site.
Read the press release (in German) | Buy the Canon EOS-1D C