There is apparently going to be new 5D Mark III firmware before the end of May. It will address a few bugs, as well as adding some “features”. No mention of what the features might be. It was mentioned there is a possibility of a bug fix firmware update before the “feature” update, a two part strategy if you will.
There have been no mentions of additional features for video.
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS-5D Mark III.
EOS 5D Mark III
Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
1. Supports a new accessory, GPS receiver GP-E2.
2. Fixes a phenomenon where a pink cast may develop over the image when the shutter is completely pressed with the camera’s power turned off (by the auto power off setting).
3. Fixes a phenomenon where the camera operation stops after one shot when shooting in High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode.
4. Fixes a phenomenon where the Shooting Date/Time in the EXIF data of the image shows a later time than the actual shooting time.
5. Fixes the time zone for the Samoa Islands.
6. Corrects errors in the Finnish menu screen.
Firmware Version 1.1.2 is for cameras with firmware up to version 1.0.7. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
The new Firmware Version 1.1.2 can be downloaded by clicking here.
NOTE: Once on the “Drivers & Software” tab please choose operating system and version. Then expand the Firmware section and click on the firmware file name to access the details page. Choose “I Agree – Begin Download” button to start the download.
Most won’t need this one.
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS-1D Mark IV.
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following change.
- Optimizes the camera’s exposure accuracy when using EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM and EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM lenses, which are scheduled for release in June 2012. If these lenses are used with an EOS-1D Mark IV camera that has not been updated with the new firmware, the image may be overexposed depending on the subject and shooting scene.
The new Firmware Version 1.1.1 can be downloaded by clicking here.
From Canon Malaysia
Firmware Version 2.1.2 incorporates the following change.
1. Optimizes the camera’s performance when using certain UDMA 7-compatible CF cards released in February 2012 or later.
The Version 2.1.2 firmware being released this time is for cameras with firmware up to Version 2.1.1. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 2.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Download Here (Win & OSX)
*UPDATE* Firmware Available (Canon USA)
You can now download the firmware from Canon USA.
Firmware version 2.1.1 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixes a phenomenon where shooting stops after capturing one image when in continuous shooting or the Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) continuous shooting setting.
- Corrects misspellings in the menu screens displayed in Dutch language.
There is no download link that I can find anywhere, so the above may change before it becomes downloadable.
From Canon USA
Canon USAs site is showing download links to a new 5D Mark II firmware. Version 2.1.1. At the time of posting this, the download links do not work.
No release notes as to what the firmware will fix/add.
A Minor Firmware Update
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following fixes and improvements.
- Fixes a phenomenon where the wireless built-in flash settings are reset to defaults when the battery is removed from the camera.
- Fixes an intermittent phenomenon where image-rotation information is not recognized correctly when shooting with the camera in the vertical position depending on the timing of the shutter release.
Canon EOS 60D $899 at B&H
Changes in this firmware
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
- Improves writing/reading speeds when using UDMA 7-compatible CF cards.
- Fixes a phenomenon where the ability to shoot movies may be stopped under the following conditions:
- When using high-capacity (32 GB or greater) CF cards with little available space remaining and the user attempts to start shooting movies; or
- When the camera’s battery is removed and reinserted into the camera and the user immediately attempts to start shooting movies.
- Corrects misspellings in the menu screens displayed in Arabic and Portuguese languages (applies to models outside of the the Japanese market only).
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.8. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Check the firmware section on the Canon USA Site: Canon USA
A minor firmware update for your T3i/600D
Changes in this firmware: Firmware Version 1.0.1 incorporates the following fixes and changes.
- Clarifies the feature guide description of the digital zoom function for movie-shooting that appears on the camera’s LCD monitor.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in rare cases, a computer connected to the camera with a USB cable cannot recognize the camera.
Canon UK has reposted the 7D Firmware version 1.2.5 on their web site. This is the same firmware we previously posted.
Changes in this Firmware
Firmware Version 1.2.5 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Fixed a rare phenomenon in which there were rare cases where movie files taken could not be opened when repeatedly shooting movies with specific CF cards.
- Fixed a rare phenomenon in which there were cases where “Err 02″ appeared when repeatedly shooting still images with specific CF cards.
- Fixed a phenomenon that occurred when using high-capacity (32 GB or greater) CF cards: If either a CF card with only a little available space remaining or the battery was removed and then reinserted into the camera, and then the user attempted to start shooting movies immediately, shooting would stop.
- Improved the writing/reading speeds when using UDMA 7-compatible CF cards.
- Fixed a phenomenon that occurred when custom function C.Fn 4-1 was set to assign IS start to the AF stop button on the lens: When used with lenses that do not have an AF stop button, the IS function would not work.
- Corrected some mistakes in the menu screens displayed in Arabic and Portuguese. (This applies to models in overseas markets. The models for the Japanese market do not display those languages.)
Version 1.2.5 (Windows)
Version 1.2.5 (Mac)