From Canon USA
Canon continues to update older professional DSLR bodies. I must say I’m pleasantly surprised they’re still supporting the Mark III bodies.
The following fixes have been incorporated in the new firmware
- Resolves the following phenomenon: when the camera is not attached to a lens, power consumption may be higher than usual, causing premature battery drain.
- Resolves a phenomenon in which “Err 02” may be displayed when the shutter is released without a lens attached.
Download the firmware
Canon EOS C100
Canon has released new firmware for the entry level Canon EOS C100 camera.
The firmware adds some continuous autofocus features to the the entry level Cinema EOS camera when using STM lenses from Canon. Early reports are very positive about the implementation.
- A function has been added which allows automatic continuous focusing and iris setting on a subject in the center of the screen when using the EF-S18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM lens.
- The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the Instruction Manual.
Download the firmware | Canon EOS C100 at B&H $5499 (Save $1000)
Firmware version 2.02 is now available for download for the EOS M camera.
Firmware Version 2.0.2 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Improves focusing speed in One-Shot AF mode.
- Now supports EF-M11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM.
- *When placing the EF-M11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM without conducting the firmware update, at times the EOS M will not function. However this is rare.
- Corrects errors in the Simplified Chinese, Hungarian, Traditional Chinese and Korean language menus.
Download The Firmware Here
Autofocus Speed Boost
Further enhancing the performance and utility of the EOS M, Canon also announces today a firmware upgrade that boosts the AF shutter speed, making One Shot AF up to 2.3x faster1. The new firmware delivers improved performance as a result of a reworked AF Drive Control System and Canon encourages all existing users of the EOS M to download the new firmware version 2 once it becomes available at the end of June 2013.
Firmware Version 1.2.4 incorporates the following functional improvements and fixes:
- Improves the speed of the camera’s acquisition of focus when using a Canon Speedlite’s AF-assist beam.
- Reduces the time it takes to display the metering result on the LCD or Viewfinder when the meter has been activated.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a “Caution 02” message is unnecessarily recorded in the camera status log.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which continuous shooting pauses when using a Canon Speedlite.
- Fixes a phenomenon, when the Canon GP-E1 is attached, in which the GPS device settings are reset to default settings when the camera has been powered off
*This phenomenon occurs only with firmware Ver. 1.2.1.
*After changing the GPS device settings, please be sure to power off the camera before removing the battery. This will ensure that the camera’s GPS device settings will be saved.
Firmware Version 1.2.4 is for cameras with firmware version 1.2.1 or earlier. If your camera’s firmware is already Version 1.2.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware. When updating your camera’s firmware, please review the instructions thoroughly before you update the firmware. The firmware update takes approximately seven minutes.
Download Firmware | Canon EOS-1D X at B&H Photo