Archive for the ‘Canon Lenses’ Category
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 100-400mm 1:4.5-5.6
- Lens Construction: 21 elements in 16 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 24º-6’10’
- Focus Adjustment: Inner focus system / USM
- Closest Focusing Distance: 3.2 ft. / 0.98m
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Max Diameter x Length, Weight: 3.7 in. x 7.6 in. / 94mm x 193mm; 3.46 lbs. / 1,570g
The Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM telephoto lens delivers a superb combination of cutting-edge performance, compact construction and brilliant resolving power that’s great for sports and wildlife photography.
The telephoto lens features one fluorite and one super UD element to help provide impressive contrast and resolution with reduced chromatic aberration across the entire zoom range. Canon’s new Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps significantly reduce backlit flaring and ghosting, while fluorine coatings on the front and rear lens surfaces help lessen smears and fingerprints.A 9-blade circular aperture renders beautiful, soft backgrounds, and a 3 mode (standard, panning and exposure only) Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to 4 steps* of image correction.
The Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM telephoto lens is equipped with a new inner focusing AF system to help ensure fast and accurate focus down to 3.2 ft. with a .31x maximum magnification. Usability enhancements include a rotation-type zoom ring with adjustable zoom torque for more precise, customizable zoom performance, a redesigned tripod mount that can be attached and detached without removing the lens from the EOS camera, and an all-new lens hood with a side window that makes it simple to adjust specialty filters-like polarizers-without the need to remove the hood.
Ruggedly constructed with advanced dust and water sealing for durability in a range of environments, the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM telephoto lens is a stellar performer with refined controls for a wide variety of situations.
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II USM Specifications (Google Translated)
- One fluorite lens, one Super UD glass
- A newly developed coating (ASC)
- Keith at Northlight wonders if this is actually means nano SWC coating?
- 4 stop image stabilization
- 3 modes of IS, the third is for sports photography
- A minimum focusing distance of 0.98 m
- Maximum magnification of 0.31 times
- 9 aperture blades
- AF motor the ring-type USM
- Rotational zoom, not push/pull
- Zoom touch adjustment ring
- Detachable tripod mount
- Dust and weather sealing
- Fluorine coating
Below is another image of the upcoming Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II, but this time in use. It definitely looks “fat” as some have pointed out. We should see this lens announced next week.
Source: [CR Forum]
Judging by the image, everything we were told recently about the EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS has been correct. I’m sure we’ll see more photos of the lens shortly, as I expect it to be announced very shortly.