Rebates on the 60D and 7D are coming February 20, 2011 in the United States and run through until March 20, 2011.
60D will get a $100 instant rebate.
7D will get a $200 instant rebate.
Both deals will apply to kits as well. No word on rebates for the rest of the planet.
Canon USA Rebates
Canon has launched some EOS HD inspired rebates. The rebate amount on the left is when purchased alone, the rebate amount on the right is when purchased with a qualifying EOSHD DSLR (1D Mark IV, 5D Mark II, 7D & 60D).
The rebates run from October 24, 2010 – January 8, 2011.
- Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens $50/$100
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM Lens $100/$200
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens $70/$140
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L IS USM Lens $80/$160
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II USM Lens $200/$400
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM Lens $110/$220
- Canon EF 14mm f/2.8 L II USM Lens $140/$280
- Canon TS-E 17mm f/4 L Tilt-Shift Lens $150/$300
- Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Lens $30/$60
- Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5 L II Tilt-Shift Lens $130/$260
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens $100/$200
- Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens $30/$60
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 L II USM Lens $130/260
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro Lens $60/$120
- Canon EF 180mm f/3.5 L USM Macro Lens $90/$180
- Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash $25/$50
- Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash $15/$30
- Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX Flash $70/$140
Link to all rebate items
Canon USA will begin instant rebates tomorrow.
The rebates will include the 5D Mark II, flashes and the usual host of lenses.
Read More: http://www.photoprice.ca/us-rebates
New rebates from Canon USA
Save up to $200 when you purchase an EOS Rebel T2i (body or select kit combination) or up to $250 when you purchase an EOS 7D (body or select kit combination) between April 29, 2010 – June 5, 2010.
Read More (PDF): http://downloads.canon.com/
DPReview has completed their review of the Canon PowerShot S90.
Final Word – DPR
Photographers looking for a serious, pocket-friendly, compact camera haven’t had a lot to choose from, and the S90 offers the first real competition to Panasonic’s LX3, the success of which almost certainly led Canon to revive the long-running and much missed ‘S’ series. I may not have liked it when I first used it, but I soon found myself picking it up every time I went out the door.
It is, above all else, a great walkaround camera, capable of results (particularly at lower ISO settings) that most serious photographers would be more than happy with. The control system encourages photographic experimentation (unlike so many compacts, which simply make it too painful to work manually), but the automatic systems are also reliable – and intelligent – enough to give you great results if you prefer to just ‘point and shoot’. The tiny body might not make for particularly good handling, but it’s small enough to carry anywhere and the image quality it produces rarely disappoints.
Read More: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons90/
I own this camera and love it for the most part. My biggest gripe with it is the same as DPRs; the backwheel gets spun too easily.
The solution Canon?
How about a firmware update to add a back wheel lock to the “S” button on the back. I could do away with a quick access to ISO for a back wheel lock.
I have the camera set up to have aperture on the front ring and exposure comp on the back wheel for those keeping score.
Canon Canada Rebates
The Canon Canada rebates begin on April 15, 2010.
More Info: http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/03/canon-canada-rebates-3/
50D Rebates come to life
Speculate away as to what this means. The rebate program ends around when we previously posted a 60D could be announced. Sometimes this stuff is coincidence.
Both Adorama and B&H are still closed for the holidays. We should see them correct for the new rebate prices soon.
I’m still shocked Canon sells the 28-135 IS, and I always think its on the way out when it appears in rebates. I haven’t heard anything about a new 70-300 IS. I do think they’re a strange pair to put together. You may not think so. :)
- 50D Body Only: $100
- 50D w/28-135 IS: $100
- 50D w/70-300 IS: $250
- 50D w/28-135 IS & 70-300 IS: $250
Spring 2010 Rebates
We’ve received word that Canon Canada is about to start some spring rebates.
(Rebate amounts in red.)
- EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM $50.00
- EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM $50.00
- EF 50mm f/1.2L $150.00
- EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM $200.00
- EF 85mm f/1.8 USM $50.00
- EF 135mm f/2.0L USM $50.00
- EF 200mm f/2L IS USM $500.00
- EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM $300.00
- EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM $100.00
- EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM $100.00
- EF 35mm f/1.4L USM $100.00
- EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM $150.00
- EF 17-40mm f/4L USM $70.00
- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM $70.00
- EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM $100.00
- EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM $150.00
- EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM $50.00
- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM $100.00
- EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM $100.00
- EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM $150.00
- EF 28-300 f/3.5-5.6L IS USM $200.00
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM $100.00
- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM $150.00
- EF 70-200mm f/4L USM $50.00
- EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM $50.00
- EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM $100.00
- Speedlite 430EX II $30.00
- Speedlite 580EX II $60.00
These will be instant dealer rebates, you won’t have to mail anything in. You’ll probably have to wait a few days for prices to lower on dealer web sites.
I’m still waiting on some official documentation about this.
Click for Larger
Click for Larger
Rebates start Sunday and run to April 3, 2010.
I’ve been told that we’ll be seeing Canon USA rebates starting March 7, 2010.
I have yet to see any official announcement or document yet.
I’ve been sent this a couple hundred times, so I guess I should post it. :)
Canon USA has the fall rebate program rolling since the 22nd of October.