Apparently starting this month
Pricepoint claims to know which lenses will be getting rebates in the US. They don’t know the rebate amount however.
I will point out the 70-200 f/2.8L IS is on the rebate list. This lens was pulled last minute for Canon Canada rebates.
These are sell through rebates for the dealer. Expect to see the savings at the cash register.
The rebates run from September 1, 2009 until October 31, 2009.
Buy More, Save More.. click for larger
$50 or $100 Mail-In Upgrade Rebate for Current Registered Digital PowerShot Canon Owners to upgrade to EOS SLR – July 20, 2009 through October 5, 2009
Step into a DSLR
How the offer works:
1. This upgrade offer is for current registered owners of Canon PowerShot PRO 90 IS , PRO 1, G10, G9, G7, G6, G5, G3, G2, G1, TX1, SX1 IS, SX10 IS, SX200 IS, SX110 IS, SX100 IS, S5 IS, S3 IS, S2 IS, S1 IS, S80, S70, S60, S50, S45, S40, S30, S20, S10, D10, SD1200 IS, SD1100 IS, SD1000, SD990 IS, SD970 IS, SD960 IS, SD950 IS, SD900, SD890 IS, SD880 IS, SD870 IS, SD850IS, SD800 IS, SD790 IS, SD780 IS, SD770 IS, SD750, SD700 IS, SD630, SD600, SD550, SD500, SD450, SD430, SD400, SD300, SD200, SD110, SD100, SD40, SD30, SD20, SD10, S500, S410, S400, S330, S300, S230, S200, S110, S100, E1, A2100 IS, A2000 IS, A1100 IS, A1000 IS, A720 IS, A710 IS, A700, A650 IS, A640, A630, A620, A610, A590 IS, A580, A570IS, A560, A550, A540, A530, A520, A510, A480, A470, A460, A430, A420, A410, A400, A310, A300, A200, A100, A95, A85, A80, A75, A70, A60, A50, A40, A20, A10 cameras (Ã¢â‚¬Å“Qualified ProductÃ¢â‚¬Â) who have registered their product before July 20, 2009.
2. Purchase and register a new Canon EOS Rebel XS, Rebel XSi, Rebel T1i, 50D or 5D Mark II camera (Ã¢â‚¬Å“Qualified New ProductÃ¢â‚¬â„¢) at http://www.usa.canon.com anytime from July 20, 2009 through October 5, 2009. Must enter valid serial number at time of registration to qualify.
3. Completely fill out all of the information requested on this claim form.
4. Attach a COPY of your sales receipt with store name and purchase date, Qualified New Product model number and price paid, clearly legible.
5. Circle the qualifying purchase on the receipt.
6. Make copies of all required documentation for your records.
7. Mail the completed rebate claim form, original Ã¢â‚¬Å“Proof of PurchaseÃ¢â‚¬Â 12-digit UPC bar code cut from Qualified New Product box and a legible copy of your authorized dealer sales receipt as detailed above to the address below:
Fall 2009 Step Up Program (PS to Rebel or AA)
P.O. Box 343140
Bartlett, TN 38184
Canon USA: http://www.usa.canon.com/app/emails/psjuly09sp2/?WT.mc_id=EM0907PS02003
Rebate Claim Form (pdf): http://www.canonrumors.com/files/MIR_upgrade_form_072009.pdf
There’s a cash back program in Japan on the 50D. Save about $220 on a 50D with an 18-200 and $125 on a 50D with a 17-85.Ã‚Â
No rebates to announce yet, I can’t remember the last time Canada didn’t have a rebate program in the summer months.
There’s an instant rebate on the T1i at the moment with multiple lens kits. Saving a few dollars anyway.