We heard rumour that some folk in the video world are selling off gear in anticipation of a global shutter capable of 2.5k video being made available on an, as of yet, unnamed DSLR. While the wording is hearsay, A global shutter DSLR would definitely be an advancement in film-making tech.
Canon’s been pushing the threshold of video DSLR’s since the launch of the 5DMKII, so there’s no surprise that they would be working to incorporate even more “pro” level video tech in their cameras. It has been their push but, as this is from an unconfirmed source, be sure to sprinkle salt liberally with what you read.
B&H photo has the Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM lens for sale for $899 after a $170 instant rebate (compare at $1069.00)
Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM lens
The Canon PowerShot ELPH 340HS will become official for CES in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- 12x Optical Zoom helps ensure outstanding optical performance and versatility.
- Built-in Wi-Fi® allows wireless transferring of images and video to compatible mobile devices, select social networking sites and your Wi-Fi® enabled computer, and lets you remotely shoot using your smartphone or tablet.
- 16.0 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps provide excellent low-light performance.
- Creative Shot mode uses composition, color and lighting from your original image to create unique images with an artistic flair.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations.
- Available March, 2014
Full press release after the break
Justin has completed our review of the Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 lens. The small and much less expensive little brother of the magical (but not perfect) EF 85mm f/1.2L II. I personally love the 85 f/1.8, as it’s light, inexpensive, focuses fast and is optically very good.
“I’ve had a long and difficult time trying to place this lens. I’ve borrowed it, rented it, and used it on and off for almost 3 years. I want to love this lens; I want to tell myself it’s a viable alternative to the 85mm f/1.2L II when that just simply isn’t true. It lacks the magical “feel” of the images that the 85 1.2L II produces. Of course, “Magic” comes at quite a cost. It’s more of a companion lens, something to accompany a tightly controlled prime kit.”
Read the full review | EF 85 f/1.8 at B&H Photo
[image credit: The-Digital-Picture]
B&H Photo still has a few popular Canon lenses on sale, they’ve given us no timeframe as to when the instant savings will end. All of the deals are shown in cart before and do not include the additional savings with the current mail-in rebates.
B&H is also offering free next day delivery in the USA on most in stock items.