Saitama, Japan – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Morio Ono), a leading manufacturer of precision optics, announces the release of a groundbreaking F/2.8 ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for full-frame DSLR cameras.
Since 2012, Tamron has been expanding its lineup of interchangeable lenses for full-frame DSLR cameras. The Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A007) was the world’s first F/2.8 high-speed standard zoom lens to include image stabilization, followed by the development of the unique SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A009), SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD (Model F004), and SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD (Model A011) lenses, all of which have been highly acclaimed among the photo enthusiasts around the globe. Now, we have developed SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A012) to expand the world of imaging possibilities in the wide-angle range.
Preorder the Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 VC $1199: Adorama | B&H Photo
We posted back in the fall that Sigma had halted production indefinitely of the relatively new 24-105 f/4 DG OS lens. We’re now told that the lens is in fact discontinued and production has been halted forever.
There was no word as to why it was discontinued, I can only assume the market for a 24-105 on the Canon side is extremely saturated and that the Sigma wasn’t a big enough leap forward in terms of optical quality to purchase over the “kit” lens from Canon. There’s also a possibility the cost of production was too high to keep the price competitive.
We’re still waiting on an official release about this from Sigma.
Rokinon has launched a new 135mm T/2.2 cine lens. It’ll retail for $599 USD.
- 135mm Lens
- Full-Frame Coverage
- Multi-Layer Coating to Reduce Flare
- Standard Gearing for Focus and Iris
- Dual Side Focus and T-Stop Scales
- De-Clicked Aperture Ring
- Hybrid Aspherical Lenses
- Manual Focus and Aperture
- Removable Lens Hood
- Accepts 77mm Threaded Filter Rings
Preorder Rokinon 135mm T/2.2 Cine Lens at B&H Photo
Samyang has launched a 135mm f/2 manual focus lens. I’m not sure about this one, as Keith at Northlight points out, good luck focusing this focal length with the stock focusing screens on modern DSLRs.
- Canon EF Mount Lens/Full Frame
- Aperture Range: f/2.0 to f/22
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Ultra Multi-Coating
- Manual Focus; Manual Aperture Ring
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.6′
- Filter Thread Diameter: 77mm
- Removable Lens Hood
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Preorder the 135mm f/2 Lens from B&H Photo: Rokinon 135 f/2 or Samyang 135mm f/2
Yongnuo is continuing in their quest to make (clone) older Canon lenses and sell them for less. This 35mm f/2 has the same optical formula as Canon’s old 35mm f/2 non USM lens. Although the outside of the lens seems to resemble their 50mm f/1.8.
First Chinese Made Wide-angle Fixed Auto Focus Lens YONGNUO YN 35mm F2
- The closest focusing distance up to 0.25 meter,when under close-up shooting,it is available to get the unique sense of depth of the wide-angle lens.
- F2 large aperture,virtual background,which makes photography with more fun.
- Support auto focus (AF) and manual focus (MF) mode.
- The aperture blades up to 7 pieces,which allows you able to shoot the near-circular diffuse plaques,appropriately narrow the apertures can shoot the 14 astral effect.
- Adopts chrome high precision metal bayonet,which effectively improve the goodness to fit the camera body and the bayonet strength, wear and corrosion resistance for durable use.
- Full line of the products are glass lenses.
- Supports full-frame and APS-C format cameras,supports M/AV/TV/P and other camera shooting modes,and can be displayed the aperture data in the EXIF Information.
- Multi-coated lenses,effectively improve the transmittance and suppress the ghosting and flare when in backlit shooting .
- Adopts gold plating for the metal contacts,effectively improve the signal conductivity and corrosion resistance.
More pictures of the lens after the break…