Rokinon has launched a new 135mm T/2.2 cine lens. It’ll retail for $599 USD.
- 135mm Lens
- Full-Frame Coverage
- Multi-Layer Coating to Reduce Flare
- Standard Gearing for Focus and Iris
- Dual Side Focus and T-Stop Scales
- De-Clicked Aperture Ring
- Hybrid Aspherical Lenses
- Manual Focus and Aperture
- Removable Lens Hood
- Accepts 77mm Threaded Filter Rings
Preorder Rokinon 135mm T/2.2 Cine Lens at B&H Photo
Samyang has launched a 135mm f/2 manual focus lens. I’m not sure about this one, as Keith at Northlight points out, good luck focusing this focal length with the stock focusing screens on modern DSLRs.
- Canon EF Mount Lens/Full Frame
- Aperture Range: f/2.0 to f/22
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Ultra Multi-Coating
- Manual Focus; Manual Aperture Ring
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.6′
- Filter Thread Diameter: 77mm
- Removable Lens Hood
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Preorder the 135mm f/2 Lens from B&H Photo: Rokinon 135 f/2 or Samyang 135mm f/2
Yongnuo is continuing in their quest to make (clone) older Canon lenses and sell them for less. This 35mm f/2 has the same optical formula as Canon’s old 35mm f/2 non USM lens. Although the outside of the lens seems to resemble their 50mm f/1.8.
First Chinese Made Wide-angle Fixed Auto Focus Lens YONGNUO YN 35mm F2
- The closest focusing distance up to 0.25 meter,when under close-up shooting,it is available to get the unique sense of depth of the wide-angle lens.
- F2 large aperture,virtual background,which makes photography with more fun.
- Support auto focus (AF) and manual focus (MF) mode.
- The aperture blades up to 7 pieces,which allows you able to shoot the near-circular diffuse plaques,appropriately narrow the apertures can shoot the 14 astral effect.
- Adopts chrome high precision metal bayonet,which effectively improve the goodness to fit the camera body and the bayonet strength, wear and corrosion resistance for durable use.
- Full line of the products are glass lenses.
- Supports full-frame and APS-C format cameras,supports M/AV/TV/P and other camera shooting modes,and can be displayed the aperture data in the EXIF Information.
- Multi-coated lenses,effectively improve the transmittance and suppress the ghosting and flare when in backlit shooting .
- Adopts gold plating for the metal contacts,effectively improve the signal conductivity and corrosion resistance.
More pictures of the lens after the break…
Sigma Corporation would like to announce the availability of two types of new tele converters. Please note that the SIGMA 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports requires an update to the firmware to make it compatible with the SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1401 and SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-2001.
For those who own the SIGMA 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports and considering using it with either the SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1401 or SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-2001, please follow the steps below to update the firmware of the lens.
Please be advised that the updated version of firmware will make it compatible with the new tele converters, however it will also make it incompatible with conventional APO TELE CONVERTER 1.4x EX DG and APO TELE CONVERTER 2x EX DG.For further information, please contact your nearest authorized subsidiary / distributor of SIGMA.
Rokinon/Samyang appears to be teasing a new lens on their Facebook page. 135mm seems to be the most logical choice, though there’s no word on the speed of the lens.
We’re still waiting to see them launch an autofocus lens.