September 22, 2014, 10:36:38 PM

Author Topic: The First Canon EOS 6D Video Footage  (Read 14486 times)

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: The First Canon EOS 6D Video Footage
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 01:46:44 PM »
5D3 is no sharper.

However, at least the 5D3 delivers a softish '1920x1080' without that nasty moire and aliasing, so it does a WAY better job and can look a bit filmic, this looks super video-ish. This is not a good results. But then gain Canon marketing MBA loves LOVES their internal market segmentation and purposeful crippling (other brands and products capabilities and threats be damned).

Part of me thinks that looks to have a bit worse aliasing than the 5D2 even.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 01:46:44 PM »

stoneysnapper

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 01:48:25 PM »
I watched it in HD on a 27" mac and I did not think it looked all that bad, but then I'm no video expert. I could see the moire but thought it was sharp in the right areas. I used to have a friend who listened to music years gone by on old vinyl and all he did was spend his time looking for flaws, I see that time and time again with people on forums. More interested in criticising sharpness at 200% in the bottom left hand corner of a frame that 99.99% of people don't look at instead of just getting on with it, there's a guy like that at my Camera Club, will criticise everyones images technically, but has never entered a competition himself. He spends 99% of his time at his pc instead of 99% of his time behind the camera.

Anyway was "(1250 is very mush usable)" a deliberate typo?  ;)
1Dx, 7D, 24-105, 70-200 IS II, 16-35 II, 100mm Macro IS, 85mm F1.2L II, 24mm F2.8 IS, 18-200, Sigma 1.4x, Canon 2x iii, 430EXII, 600EX- RT, ST-E3 Fuji x100s and X-T1

Canon-F1

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
I watched it in HD on a 27" mac and I did not think it looked all that bad, but then I'm no video expert. I could see the moire but thought it was sharp in the right areas. I used to have a friend who listened to music years gone by on old vinyl and all he did was spend his time looking for flaws, I see that time and time again with people on forums. More interested in criticising sharpness at 200% in the bottom left hand corner of a frame that 99.99% of people don't look at instead of just getting on with it, there's a guy like that at my Camera Club, will criticise everyones images technically, but has never entered a competition himself. He spends 99% of his time at his pc instead of 99% of his time behind the camera.

i fully understand what you say... but then... this is a new product.
when a new product is not better then a older one there is no sense in wasting money on it.

that´s why i critizise the 6D video.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
when a new product is not better then a older one there is no sense in wasting money on it.

Define 'better'.  For some people, the lower cost of the 6D makes it significantly better, especially if the IQ is no worse...
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

schmidtfilme

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Photographer / Documentary Filmmaker
    • View Profile
    • 35photo
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 02:31:34 PM »
I hear the video quality is more on par with the Mark 2.

In addition what I just found out today and made my cry is that the Canon 6D cannot be controlled over Wifi for shooting video. Thats too bad because that was what I really hoped for.

Canon - why ? On the manual page 15 it says - when Wifi is enabled movie shooting is disabled http://t.co/hl4QR6Og

I guess I get the Mark 2 or Mark 3 instead. Just not sure if the Mark 3 is worth the money over the Mark 2. . .
5D Mark III
17-40/24-105/70-200 all f4

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 02:41:14 PM »
Wait for a firmware update lol.
Cameras are all about video these days, shame, shame. Seriously why release a video before images, isn't it a camera?
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

keithfullermusic

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • k2focus.com
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 02:54:31 PM »
maybe i'm an idiot, but i thought that it looked really good.
5Diii - 50D - 100mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.2 vii - 50mm f/1.4, 20mm f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8 vii - 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, 430 EX II, YN560, YN568, Bowen's 500R's
---
Pics - http://k2focus.com | Tunes - http://keithfullermusic.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 02:54:31 PM »

crazyrunner33

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »
Canon has and will always put photography before video, the line skipping method of downsampling proves it.  I would be happy to have just a Canon Rebel that could properly downsample the sensor for 1080p with a method other than line skipping. 

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 03:47:45 PM »
No comment on the video as I have not watched it.

What surprises me is Canon has again released a brand new XD series without a headphone jack.

The 1D X does not have one and now this latest model from Canon does not have one.

Not all of us want to use external recorders to monitor sound levels during a recording.

Bizarre.
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 04:01:45 PM »
What surprises me is Canon has again released a brand new XD series without a headphone jack.
The 1D X does not have one and now this latest model from Canon does not have one.

But the 1D C does, as does the 5DIII.  Seems like Canon is differentiating between bodies that can shoot video (which is all of the current ones, obviously), and bodies that are intended to be used for video. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »

But the 1D C does, as does the 5DIII.  Seems like Canon is differentiating between bodies that can shoot video (which is all of the current ones, obviously), and bodies that are intended to be used for video.

That's fine, and I can understand the logic (sort of). But if that is what they are doing then why bother sticking video in at all. Surely a headphone jack can't be that big a deal for the engineers or the camera itself, but I am not an engineer.

I am one of those guys that thinks if you are going to do something do it right, and as it is almost 2013 and as this new 6D does have video then in my eyes it should have a headphone jack. And the 1D X as the flagship should have all the bells and whistles.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the 7D ii and the new High MP cameras.
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

Canon-F1

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 05:10:31 PM »

Define 'better'.  For some people, the lower cost of the 6D makes it significantly better, especially if the IQ is no worse...

do i have to?
i thought it is pretty clear i talk about VIDEO QUALITY?

and what lower cost?
last time i checked the 5D MK2 was cheaper...  :)

EvillEmperor

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »
RECALL
It is a PREPRODUCTION MODEL.
Canon 5D MK III, Canon T2i, Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS, Canon 24-105, Canon 100 macro, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 430EX II, Canon 28-135mm (sold)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »

stoneysnapper

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »
maybe i'm an idiot, but i thought that it looked really good.

I agree, particularly the bars with the pink sprinkles on top.... ;)
1Dx, 7D, 24-105, 70-200 IS II, 16-35 II, 100mm Macro IS, 85mm F1.2L II, 24mm F2.8 IS, 18-200, Sigma 1.4x, Canon 2x iii, 430EXII, 600EX- RT, ST-E3 Fuji x100s and X-T1

Denisas Pupka

• Power Shot G16
  • Catching some Zzzzs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »
I hear the video quality is more on par with the Mark 2.

In addition what I just found out today and made my cry is that the Canon 6D cannot be controlled over Wifi for shooting video. Thats too bad because that was what I really hoped for.

Canon - why ? On the manual page 15 it says - when Wifi is enabled movie shooting is disabled http://t.co/hl4QR6Og

I guess I get the Mark 2 or Mark 3 instead. Just not sure if the Mark 3 is worth the money over the Mark 2. . .
That was one of the biggest advantages for me considering 6D: Wifi + video -> like external monitor android smartphone or tablet+ similar video quality like MarkIII, but now I even don't know what to say. Also I think Its to early to make conclusion only from one test. Maybe results from final product will be better.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:40:08 PM by Denisas Pupka »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »