October 21, 2014, 01:00:53 PM

Author Topic: Is This the EOS 3D?  (Read 29022 times)

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Is This the EOS 3D?
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2013, 09:43:40 PM »
while people are pointing out that "why would he openly wear the strap of an unannounced camera", note that he is wearing the strap "upside down", with the lettering turned in. it is only because it is half twisted in this side on view that we can see it.

i.e the strap is being very deliberately worn in a non-traditional manner.

I guess the question is why would Canon make a custom strap for a camera that is not available in the market?

That too! They would most definitely design and build a new strap to be paired with a new camera.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2013, 09:43:40 PM »

Don Haines

• Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »
It's the super-secret 9D..... A camera so secret that it uses the number of a different rumoured camera on it's strap....
The best camera is the one in your hands

xps

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2013, 04:14:45 PM »
Funny. I bought a "1DV" labled strap for my Camera some years ago. When I was shooting at the soccer WCS some persons looked very interrested at ma Cam ;-)
Just take a Mamiya 7 II .....

By the way: When I was on the F1 race in Monaco some weeks ago, I saw an photographer with the 200-400 4.0, using an unknown camera, as old fashioned as these pictures, without an extra eye-finder.  A quadratic camera with no esthetic forms. Like self-built. But it was definitively not self built.
I wonder, if another company uses the Canon mount? But wich one?

Toronto

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2013, 05:12:33 PM »
By the way: When I was on the F1 race in Monaco some weeks ago, I saw an photographer with the 200-400 4.0, using an unknown camera, as old fashioned as these pictures, without an extra eye-finder.  A quadratic camera with no esthetic forms. Like self-built. But it was definitively not self built.

IT probably was a video camera of some kind, there are a few that do use the canon mounts even if it is via an adapter,  like the black magic that would fit your quadratic no esthetic form that you saw.

As for the camera strap in question, my hunch is that it is a rip off 3D logo-ed strap that you could probably buy in some camera store in shanghai.

xps

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2013, 03:57:50 PM »

IT probably was a video camera of some kind, there are a few that do use the canon mounts even if it is via an adapter,  like the black magic that would fit your quadratic no esthetic form that you saw.

As for the camera strap in question, my hunch is that it is a rip off 3D logo-ed strap that you could probably buy in some camera store in shanghai.

black magic.....Indeed. Looks similar..... ok. I see.... no Alien ...... :'(

Edwin Herdman

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
Aside from a video camera, it could've been a sound blimp.

TAF

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »
Perhaps that is an EOS-3eye strap, dating back to the film camera.

I just hope that when Canon finally comes out with the 3D, it really is 3-D (they can then sell you two L lenses at a time instead of one).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2013, 11:33:14 PM »
It's the super-secret 9D..... A camera so secret that it uses the number of a different rumoured camera on it's strap....
So if the camera could speak it would say: My name is D ... 9D  ;D

Don Haines

• Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2013, 06:48:56 PM »
So if the camera could speak it would say: My name is D ... 9D  ;D
Exactly! and this only helps to illustrate the futility of waiting for announcements on a replacement for the 007D
The best camera is the one in your hands

luciolepri

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Lucio Lepri - Director and script writer
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2013, 05:54:20 PM »
Just found this, by clicking on a wrong link:
http://canonrumorsita.blogspot.it/2012/07/canon-sta-testando-un-sensore-da-47mp.html
Yes, I thought what you think. I post it 'cause maybe someone will come up with new jokes...

Lazy google translation:
Canon is testing a 47MP sensor. This would be the infamous 3D, it seems that Canon wants to dedicate this body to the sphere of professional photographic studios. This item comes directly from a person in Japan claims to have picked up the prototype, equal in all respects to a 5D mkIII but with the sensor replaced and without logo. The density of pixels within this sensor should be noted that values ​​are similar to those found in Canon's APS-C sensor 18MP Canon has already been launched in bodies like the 7D. You could then say that Canon will in the coming years to fragment their camera bodies according to the primary use, for example by placing this in the field of 3D product photography and industrial landscapes in high resolution.

Strobe the globe

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • 60D | 10-22mm, 18-200mm, 50mm | Speedlite 600EX-RT
    • View Profile
    • Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2013, 10:58:20 PM »
It could be a cheap rip-off strap. Buy why would you put it on a professional grade camera? Interesting photos.

TAF

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2013, 12:22:39 AM »
while people are pointing out that "why would he openly wear the strap of an unannounced camera", note that he is wearing the strap "upside down", with the lettering turned in. it is only because it is half twisted in this side on view that we can see it.

Perhaps a better question would be "why does anyone use the supplied strap anyway?"

They're awful (uncomfortable and too slippery), they advertise "steal me" to nere-do-wells, and they're difficult to install.

I recommend a nice neoprene strap (I like Optech but there are plenty of other options) and a C-Loop from Custom SLR.

cookinghusband

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »

Perhaps a better question would be "why does anyone use the supplied strap anyway?"

They're awful (uncomfortable and too slippery), they advertise "steal me" to nere-do-wells, and they're difficult to install.

I recommend a nice neoprene strap (I like Optech but there are plenty of other options) and a C-Loop from Custom SLR.

I usually put a black plastic tape on the canon brand name and model name and but a old Nikon strap on it, unluckily the white lens body and the red ring on the len give it away. but the grandmas and aunties think I use Nikon.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »

daniela

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2013, 01:13:55 PM »
Spend 20$ and buy an Nikon D400 strap in Hongkong.
My husband did - and he was more interresting for the men with the biiiiig lenses then all of the "bunnys" who went around at the Nürburgring on Saturday and Sunday.  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2013, 01:13:55 PM »