Yes, I do know Magic Lantern.Don´t get me wrong, I love Nikon and I loved all my cameras from Nikon. For me the best brand would be CanKon , because I do miss a lot of things that my previous Nikon cameras had.
Really - what's that? It would be interesting because the Magic Lantern people are always interested in ideas on how to enhance the Canon firmware, but unfortunately most people lack knowledge of both systems (you do know Magic Lantern, right)?
What I miss on Nikon:
- I was so used to nikon system that I did not needed to think to shoot. (Give me 2 or 3 more months and I will be there with canon)
- Nikon seems to be much more logical to use than canon. The comands on Nikon are much easier to learn.
- Spot metering is better on Nikon, as you do not need to metering with central point. Maybe with 1DX I was not complaing about that.
What I Love on Canon:
- As I told: Color out of camera is a lot better. Much less work on RAW files.
- Resolution is better. And I mean sharpness even after reduction.
- Lenses on Canon seems to be better, unless those ones that I like. I have owned a lot of lenses on nikon system (18 at total and at the end I owned just three: 24-70mm 2.8, 135mm 2.0DC - pretty amazing lens - and 50mm 1.8G). Canon 24-70mm 2.8 II on 2.8 is better and 135mm 2L is a little sharper and have much faster auto-focus than Nikon 135mm 2.0DC.
- 50mm 1.2L is a fuc@#$% amazing lens and the equivalent on Nikon System does not have autofocus...