August 28, 2014, 01:27:25 AM

Author Topic: Is CPS service falling into dumps for others?  (Read 1624 times)

johnsonstudios

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
Is CPS service falling into dumps for others?
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:30:24 PM »
Wondering if others are having trouble dealing with CPS lately?  I'm considering dropping my Canon Professional Services membership after being told today that a replacement screw on my 24mm TSE II lens was going to cost $179!  For a small five cent external screw...  When I asked the account manager how they could consider that anything other than price gouging they answered that a large portion of the price was for "evaluation".  I asked what the point of sending in the "free clean and check" coupon was then and they answered that this was a more thorough check than the coupon was for.  Even though I didn't ask for a more thorough check, I just wanted the screw replaced!  I had recommended them in the past, but curious now whether others are seeing their service drop the past few years?

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Is CPS service falling into dumps for others?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 02:46:18 PM »
Call Canon parts and see if they will sell you a screw.  Then see if you can turn down the service.  If you have the screw size and length, you might be able to find a matching one online at some of the camera parts houses.  Usually, the screws are not just 5 cent hardware made in China like you find at Lowes, but you might check there.  I buy up old cameras and broken lenses at garage sales, and, if I can't fix them, the screws go into my spare parts box and have come in very handy for replacing lost ones.

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Is CPS service falling into dumps for others?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »
Lol I just a CPS rental from them! I love CPS, There awesome.