December 23, 2014, 12:31:16 AM

Author Topic: Canon e-shop vs ebay  (Read 1579 times)

Mordiyo

Canon e-shop vs ebay
« on: August 30, 2012, 02:16:17 PM »
I've been trying to get a 5d mk2, and i'm from argentina, so since my sister's going to the us for holidays, i thought maybe i could make her buy one, because the price difference is really important.
The question is: on Ebay i find some bodies for sale about $300 cheaper than the prices from canon's e-shop.
the guys from ebay say the camera is exactly the same and brand new. Am I missing something?? why's that?? i dont really understand why there's such difference... i'd buy the cheap one, but... is it not trust worthy??
please, need some help

canon rumors FORUM

Canon e-shop vs ebay
« on: August 30, 2012, 02:16:17 PM »

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Canon e-shop vs ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 03:33:06 PM »
I've been trying to get a 5d mk2, and i'm from argentina, so since my sister's going to the us for holidays, i thought maybe i could make her buy one, because the price difference is really important.
The question is: on Ebay i find some bodies for sale about $300 cheaper than the prices from canon's e-shop.
the guys from ebay say the camera is exactly the same and brand new. Am I missing something?? why's that?? i dont really understand why there's such difference... i'd buy the cheap one, but... is it not trust worthy??
please, need some help

I would buy it if the seller is Canon authorized dealer....otherwise I'll pass
Bodies: 1DX -- 5D III
Zooms: 16-35L f4 IS -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Primes: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 04:39:04 PM »
please, need some help

I would buy it if the seller is Canon authorized dealer....otherwise I'll pass

If you don't trust, buy from ebayans from the same town as you, so you can see and touch.
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »
You might want to look into repairs of imported Canon cameras in Argentina.  Will you have to send the camera back to the USA, for example and fill out endless customs forms each time?  Will it get damaged in return shipping?
There may not be a issue, but I'd surely look into it, since it might end up costing more.
Otherwise, its the same camera, and a discount seller that is a authorized Canon reseller like PMI Profeel is fine, just don't expect a lot of service.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »