« on: November 18, 2012, 07:15:50 PM »
I'm no expert but I do own a 5D3 and hope these answers are right - please feel free to correct me if they're not.
1) Yes, you'd have to re-focus to see the AF point again. Once you lock focus, a quick half-tap on the shutter illuminates the AF layer of the LCD again in red.
is it related to this issue? http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/11/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-blinking-red-af-point-information/
2) I believe EC is only available in AV/TV modes.
3) I've never seen this feature on my 5D3, although it makes perfect sense.
4) No face-recognition, that's in the 1DX
5) Metering is center of frame only, 1-series bodies have metering linked to AF Points.
Hope that helps! I have my camera sitting right beside me (my precious) so let me know if you have more questions
Uhm... this is too bad ... basically all these functionalities are available in Nikon D800/600 ... which are in the same price range ...
1Dx is quite heavy, quite loud when it shoots, and incredibly expensive!
anyway thanks for your contribute... btw ... is there any hacked firmware available out there that implements those functions!? just thinking it would be nice ...