My 7D broke recently, symptom was, all of sudden camera hangs and only way to make it work is to take out the battery and reinsert. Gave it in Canon service center for checkup. They said the mother board and one more item(dont remember exactly what was it) are gone bad. The parts together would cost around 500$. Now I am confused whether to repair or buy a new one.
I shoot macros and closeups predominantly and photography is a pure hobby. I shoot Very few land scape and portraits. 90% of the time canon 100mm 2.8 L is on the body, remaining 10% tamron 17-50 2.8VC.
If I go for repair, I am not sure problem will be fixed permanently. But will save lots of money
If replacement, should I wait for 7DMKII or 6D or even go for 70D? I do not want to shell out more money for 5DMKIII.
What you all suggest?
Thanks for all your help