Any other points I may have left out or should be aware of? Thanks in advance.
Here are my thoughts from having owned both these cameras at the same time, and using them more or less "side by side". Your mileage may vary.
Overall, I've found the 60D a bit more enjoyable to grab for a quick, informal, shoot, mainly because of the following:
- Working Auto-ISO in M mode. 5D II Auto-ISO is fixed at 400 in M mode.
- Better AWB. Indoors, the 60D will often hit the mark where the 5D II misses completely. Both have problems with the really yellow tungsten lights.
- More sensitive peripheral AF points. Having 9 fully usable cross-type points reduces the need for focus-and-recompose on the 60D. The 5D II often struggles to lock with the outer points.
- Built-in flash which can trigger Speedlites remotely.
However, for more "serious" work, I would take the 5D because of:
- Overall better IQ, especially at high ISO. However, the difference is often negligible at ISO 100
- AF Microadjustment. Not having this is my biggest pet peeve with the 60D
- Increased creative potential wrt. depth of field on FF
- Better viewfinder on 5D II.
- Better selection of lenses in the 24-85mm range (considering the crop factor)
- Overall better controls and construction on 5D II