« on: December 03, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »
have owned the 20, 40 and 60D, the Rebel xsi and now T4i/650D.
Plan was to use my 60D as primary for "serious" work, T4i as backup/walk around camera.
Main advantage of T4i for me before I bought it -Light weight.
Now after 5 days, here's some surprising comparisons as far as handling. I'm enjoying the T4i more than the 60D, only missing a few things.
Pro's T4i vs 60D
2. Touch screen...loving it, esp in live view.
3. Live View Operation..pretty much ignored it on the 60D. Def. faster, more user friendly(not perfect) on the
4. Shooting speed. Seems as fast on the T4i, I know that the 60D is a hair faster per spec.
5.Focus Speed...again, this is my perception, the T4i seems faster w/any lens.
6. Shutter sound. the 60D seems louder/clankier, which was an unpleasant surprise when I got it. It scares the birds and squirrels away
Overall ergonomics: I thought I'd really miss the rear control wheel from the D series. The way the exposure comp button is placed really mitigates that. Plus the huge ISO button on top.
Movies: don't really care.
Things I miss from the 60D
1. ISO in between settings. T4i only has 400, 800, 1600
2. less flex with the quality settings. Can do either RAW or JPG or RAW+Large Fine jpg. Don't have all the permutations and combinations.
3. Do miss the rear wheel dial a bit.
I see that the 60D on sale now is just a bit more than the Rebel. If I were picking one, it would be the Rebel.
on IQ, I have no comments yet. Can't really tell the difference with the RAW files I've seen so far.