Currently I have several prime lenses, 24 f1.8, 50 f1.4, 100 f2.8 IS USM, and I have put the B+W UV Haze filters on each one. I recently purchased the 17-40 f4 and the 24-105 f4, but I have not purchased filters for them.
I have talked to enough people that I am firmly on the side of wanting filters on my lenses. I like the idea of the protection, and I'm also interested in a CP after doing some research. So here are my questions:
- Is the B+W UV Haze a "good" filter to choose for the 17-40 and 24-105?
- Should I consider a CP filter for my 24-105?
- If I put a CP on my 24-105, is that just for outdoor photography would I remove it for indoors, take it off and on depending on conditions?
- Would I stack a UV with a CP filter?
- I know that normally you don't put a CP on a wide angle, but what about the UV? Does that have an impact?
Most of what you find about lenses devolves into an argument over whether they affect IQ. I'm just wondering what people recommend for filters and if a CP is worth it? For the CP, I think I would probably go with the B+W 77mm Kaesemann Circular Polarizer MRC Filter, but I'm open to suggestions. Especially if that is overkill, I see that Tiffen has a CP for $38 on B+H, is the extra money worth it? Thanks in advance.
Also, if it matters, I'm shooting with a 5d.