As unfocused stated in a different context- you let your keyboard run off before your brain and now you have to keep it up... (paraphrasing)
You can always tell that someone is about to provide a rational and logical proof of their statements when they open with personal insults
1. I did not drop images into PS and zoom to 100%. As I clearly stated before, I set the image full screen on a 24" monitor to see how it looks. Being higher resolution, the 7D gains an advantage in terms of pixel downsampling,
That depends entirely on the program used to view the samples and the scaling to screen resolution. Some popular viewers will chew up files, Apple's Preview being an infamous one. In print I would agree.
2. My comments about the 7D noise is not an opinion, it is an observation.
To others it is an opinion until you provide examples.
What would be my reason for doing that?
Oh, I believe that when you looked at your screen you saw noisy images. It just doesn't mean what you think it means.
3. Your guess was I don't know how to compare images. Well, as a scientist...blah blah blah...I am fortunate that the expert reviewers that accepted my work for publication didn't share your view!
One has zero to do with the other. That said, I have an honest question: are you this defensive when someone critiques your scientific work?
Now, less cross-examine your rants:
Oh boy here we go!
4. You still haven't cited any "reproducible" tests or shown any of your own images.
Just head on over to DPReview or Imaging Resource.
You really expect someone to comment on those low-res images without any ISO information?
Those are 50% views of one of the Imaging Resource studio test scenes. I remember which cameras I picked...but now I forget the order...hmmm...guess that was Arias' point
If you're so convinced, why not post some of your OWN 7D images at ISO 1600 without any de-noising.
And listen to all the whining that I didn't do X or Y or Z right and that must be the reason it looks good but FF SURELY would be better if I had just shot it at the same time???
Nah...just go look at professionally produced and unbiased results. IR's studio scene can vary in lighting, but their Dave Box scene is strictly controlled.
And he is annoying and obnoxious. But he feels like a sweetheart compared to you.
Let's get down to it, shall we? You said the 7D was noisier then the 5Dc and 50D. I said professional tests showed otherwise. You got hurt that I contradicted you. The rest of this is fluff.
So...is no one ever supposed to contradict you online? Point you to evidence that shows something other then your opinion? Is this how you practice science?
I made a subjective comment, stating my observation with my own camera. And you keep trying to prove that I have an 'opinion' against the 7D based on 'what?
Not at all. Just pointing out your opinion is contradicted by hard evidence and is likely due to some other factor.
how you are making a normal, civil discussion into a fight.
First you say that. Then you say...
7. I am surprised human nature sometimes amazes you. It should always amaze you, considering how foreign it should feel...
Who is starting a fight? And who, btw, is blatantly violating forum rules? Did I personally attack you or insult you once? You've done it three times now
in this one response.
If you can't handle the possibility of disagreement then maybe you shouldn't offer your opinion