Pentax's latest toy, the K-3 has more fps, more AF points, more MP, better metering, better viewfinder, USB 3.0, new AA feature ...
* 0.3 more fps? Hardly worth worrying about. What's the RAW buffer like?
* More AF points are not what's important. The D7x00 has more AF points, and I'll take the 7D's AF any day. How well does the AF track and drive lenses? What are the modes and preferences? And since the lens is every bit as important as the AF module, can Pentax lenses focus as quickly as equivalent Canon lenses?
I don't know the answers, and maybe at the end of it all the K-3 does have better AF. But I do know you can't tell without extensive time on both bodies.
* Most people would say they could care less about 18 vs. 24 MP, they just want less noise and more DR.
* How do you figure it has better metering? You couldn't know this without putting hundreds of shots (minimum) through each.
* How does the K-3 have a better VF? 0.95x vs. 1x, looks like the 7D's is better.
* New AA filter...OK, that's cool.
The K-3 looks like a great camera. I imagine the sensor, being newer, will have better IQ (though not dramatically so). And I wish Canon would release a 7D2.
But I don't think the gap is quite what you imagine it to be.