From time to time i bump into this pearl of wisdom.
Since this is CR and not Instagram's "#look what i ate today!" lets see some examples of how difficult it really is to exceeded the capabilities of the 7d in question:
- Do you still get random OOFs when tracking even though you played with the settings and your technique is adequate?
- Have you ever hit buffer limit?
- Ever disappointed by WB under artificial lighting?
- You tried to lift shadows only to find the surprise underneath?
- You get sky noise even though you're shooting below 400?
- You dont get useful 1600s+?
- Did you ever tried autoiso only to find its a slopy implementation?
- Weak AF under low light?
- Meter goes bananas in challenging situations?
Have you ever bumped into any of the situations above? Well congrats you are one of the "two (maybe three) people on the planet who have actually exceeded the capabilities of the equipment they already own" according to SiliconVoiD
Yesss I knew I was something special and despite the random OOF shots, I love the beautifully sharp in-focus shot I got when the AF decided to wake up, and I am learning to rely less on the meter and pick my own exposures, and by nailing exposures don't have to lift shadows. I would wholeheartedly reccomend the 7d to anyone who wants more out of a camera, but doesn't have the money to go FF: hell, they're available on the refurb store for $1019. Anyway, the light's nice this morning, I'm going outside now.