I saw a post on CL - 85L f1.2 II selling for $1775.
Condition according to seller:
1. Like new in term of funtionality and cosmetic. ( I did saw the pictures from seller, the lens looks new)
2. No dust, B&W filter is included
3. Date code UA(2012)
4. Comes with everything box, foams, etc....original receipt from best buy. Warranty is just expired
5. Reason for selling: seller wants 50L. 85L is little to tight.
I spoke to seller over the phone and we agreed @ $1550 cash.
Question: Would you go for it if all conditions above are true?
If the above conditions were true, as well as #6 below, then yes, I would go for it. For a meet-in-person transaction, where you have a chance to inspect the lens using your camera body, seems like someone who simply didn't realize how well the lens holds its value.
6. I had $1550 extra cash available for a lens.