« on: January 22, 2013, 02:48:13 PM »
My canon camera is S3 IS the good old school bridge that took 4 AA sized batteries under the hood. At first i hated it then i started loving it after the introduction of sanyo eneloop. Eneloop is amazing and delivered what it promised.
Now its time for a new camera for me. First i obviously looked for canon camera's with AA size batteries:
Then options came : 1) Canon sx160 is
But heart called for 1080p videos and a little more compact with cmos sensor (s3is performed poorly in low light) then came 2) Canon sx240HS
Then came into low battery issues (in the forums) just 200 pics and 30 mins of videos and expensive option at the time of replacement.
-ves of lithium ion (oem) :
1) Low number of shots compared to eneloop
2) Expensive when replacing
3) Same model with no new innovation (sanyo improves the line each year)
4) Availability of the battery in the market after a few years/ Or in a different country (AA will always be easily available)
Now my question is :
1) is there a powershot sx160 is successor planned for 2013-14 with AA size batteries?
2) Is Powershot 240HS much superior to sx160is
3) What is the future of AA size batteries in cameras?
4) Am i overly concerned about the issues of lithium -ion (is it not that much of an issue?)