« on: February 18, 2015, 01:24:43 PM »
Hmmm, that might be the most negative mindset I've seen in a long time. I get it that you don't want to pay a monthly fee, but at least considering my investments in pre-CC photoshop and lightroom versions it's cheaper to just pay the low monthly fee. Your choice to make but it doesn't make it "not ridiculously cheap" for all of us...
As you know, the CC bundle includes both LR and PS. I do not want PS. Only LR. € 12,99 a month are NOT cheap for LR only, when I can buy a full retail license for around € 80.
"Really cheap" to me would mean ... Adobe LR CC at 99 cent a month - similar to what other "cloud apps" cost.
As far as PS is concerned, I really absolutely dislike everything about it ... namely
* the whole editing concept requiring stacks of layers (what are those good for, LR works fine without them)
* tool palettes strewn all over the place, lack of a coherent menu system
* being forced to memorize dozens of keyboard shortcuts [I never use any except CTRL-C,V,F]
* use of bloated file formats - PSDs/TIFFs, instead of just RAWs and jpgs (as in LR)
* don't ever need 95% of the software's theoretical functionality [I don't do composites of any sort, no stacking, no HDRs, always work from just one single capture/RAW file]
* absurd pricing level, especially for the 5% of functionality useful to me
Got no trouble whatsoever using Lightroom, since its UI is much more clear cut and intuitive (to me). And more similar to the UI in MS Office / Windows.