This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Canon Rumors
The Grand Prize: The winner may pick one of the following lenses.
The 2nd Prize A new bag! Once again from Gura Gear.
Other Prizes I will be giving out random prizes to people that participate. You never know when youâ€™re going to get a message from me giving something away.
How it works? Itâ€™s simple, this is a photo contest. The best photograph at the end of the day will win the grand prize. The runner-up will receive the 2nd prize.
Where do I post the images? You post the images on our forum. There are threads in the forum called â€œLens Giveaway Contestâ€. Post to the corresponding thread for your image submission.
The categories The following categories are what your photos must fall under. Weâ€™re going to be pretty lenient on this, the categories are just a guideline.
- Action & Sport
- Black & White
- Creative Lighting
- EventÃ‚ (Wedding, concert, commercial events)
The above links go to the corresponding forum thread.
- All images must be posted in the forum to qualify. No email or Facebook submissions will qualify.
- Images must be 700px wide on their longest axis. Larger and smaller are not permitted.
- You may enter the contest as many times in as many categories as youâ€™d like. Remember, one entry per post.
- No commenting in any of the contest threads. They are strictly for images.
- You must use a Canon camera to make the images. I will request EXIF data of all the winners.
- The contest is worldwide, however there are countries in turmoil I will not ship to. I.E Iraq, Central Africa Republic, those sort of places.
- The contest runs from now until November 15, 2011.
- Only post in the boards that are prefixed with *Contest*
- You may watermark your images, but the watermark must be in the corners and not the center of the image.
- You may give a brief description of your photograph.
- No nudity or pornography. If you have an image that youâ€™re not sure whether itâ€™s appropriate, please email me.
- If you canâ€™t figure out a category to post your image in, please email me.
- I will select the best 10 images from each category after the November 15, 2011 end date. Then a panel of judges will select the best in each category and present them, then the same panel will select the overall winner.
Terms & Conditions
- There is no age restriction
- You retain full ownership of your images. Theyâ€™re yours, not mine.
The above rules will probably evolve and be added to over the next little while, so please keep checking back.
You may discuss the contest on a thread dedicated to it. It can be read here.
Received a brief bit of information in regards to the November 3, 2011 announcement in Hollywood. Ã‚Â It’s another person pointing to a video camera related release.
- Compact Super 35mm sensor video camera
- Records onto CompactFlash
- 3 accompanying lenses
Pretty cool adaptor.
Red Rock Micro has released an adaptor for your Micro 4/3 mount camera. The adaptor allows for aperture control on all Canon EF mount lenses.
…..The Redrock Micro LiveLens mft is the solution for using sharp EF-mount lenses on Micro Four Third bodies without sacrifice. Where standard Ã¢â‚¬Å“dummy adaptersÃ¢â‚¬Â just physically mount EF lenses to the Micro Four Third body, the Redrock micro LiveLens MFT talks to the lens, giving you the ability to adjust your aperture without the need to use time consuming workarounds on set. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t work around the ability of your lenses; make your lenses work for you, starting today.