I must say I just love, love the level of knowledge and the eagerness to share.
I'm a little confused about Lee filters though and was wondering if somebody could just educate me please?
1. The vignetting mentioned in earlier posts at longer focal lengths, is it software removable or is it the actual adaptors that enter the frame?
2. Would a current filter system work with a 12-24 or 14-24 or would a new system need to be developed, based on the dimensions of the front element?
3. Can a filter system be 'adapted up'? Say you purchase a 77mm system and your next lens has a 82mm thread, would a step up 82mm adaptor make the 77mm usable?
4. Kinda similar to question 3. So I can buy a 16-35ii now for a good price and I'll then invest in a Lee system. But if Lee had to create an unique system for the 12/14-24, does that mean having to buy a whole new filter system again?
3. You don't get a 77mm system, you get a system with a 77mm ring adapter. Then you just have to get the 82mm adapter.
2 and 4. Probably unfortunately, either a custom solution or a solution like wonderpana, etc, (when and if it is introduced)