I saw this post following a second Best Buy post, and not to warrant a repost, but here is what I recently posted- hoping maybe someone following either of these posts will have some tips or ideas that can be of help:
Not sure, haven't called Best Buy to check, but I pre-ordered about 5 days ago and was immediately put on back order status as seems normal with the rest.
Today, I got a notification saying it's still on back order. Still value all of the points I'll be attaining through the Best Buy purchase, plus since I bought it on their website, I should be getting 5% cash back through Discover so I am too vested to swap, but was curious if anyone thought it was worth attempting to find one of the 5d3's in stock and swapping to a pick up order. I purchased the kit, however, and not the body alone.
Anyone think it's worth a shot? I noticed some posters were posting around 5pm and it's only 3pm here in Southern Cali, so I'm not sure if that means I should wait until a little later today before calling. I got into photography about 5 or 6 years ago, got a 20D which I've been using since and lusting after the Mark II and finally saved up and chose to bite the bullet thanks to this release So eager to start shooting.
I think it is worth a shot since pre-order/backorder status of online orders for them seem to have the most questions around fulfillment. Probably depends on the CS rep you get when you call too. The one I had was extremely helpful. Good luck.
I cannot wait to start seriously shooting with this camera. It feels so solid in the hands. I just got back from Photoshop World in DC and while many people bring their cameras there to shoot, I did not feel like carrying it around all weekend yet I was thinking about it the whole time.