« on: March 22, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I have been shooting with a 7D for the last 2 years, always with plans to upgrade to FF. I am an enthusiast who shoots all types of photography; macro, landscape, wildlife, sports and family. I don't shoot much video. I currently only have 1 EF-S lens (17-55) and a number of L zooms and primes. Now that the 5DIII is shipping, I am unsure if the additional cost is worth it to me. I feel I have 2 options:
1. Keep my 7D and buy a Mark II kit (7D primarily for wildlife/sports and Mark II for family, landscape & macro)
2. Sell my 7D and 17-55 lens and buy a Mark III kit (will sarifice wildlife reach)
I realize the Mark II has autofocus limitations and the Mark III is a superior camera. As I'm an enthusiast, I don't really need a back-up body. I'm having difficulty pulling the trigger on the Mark III and am hoping some objective feedback will assist me in making the decision (I'm actually leaning towards the Mark II). Thanks!