I don't know about the rest of you, but these Pre-orders threads are killing me. The only TRUE reliable source we have is Amazon and Canon. (Users are actually getting delivery emails with est. delivery times, but the closet one I've seen to the 22nd is April 1st, and Canon's official site shows a est. Shipping date of March 26th.
Lets take a look at what we know or realistically don't know.
1. Someone supposedly called BH and they said absolutely positively they won't have them on the 22nd, and they do NOT have 12000 pre orders.
2. Someone else supposedly spoke with BH and said they were told there are over 10,000 Pre-orders, and the shipment will be delayed by a few days.
3. CanonRumors claims their source says March 22nd and should have plenty in stock.
4. I've called BH and Adorama several times and they would NOT even give me anything to go on.
5. LensRentals shows a date of March 22nd
6. But the BIGGEST source of them all (canonusa.com) shows an estimated shipping date of March 26th, which is in line with what others have said about the actual release date. http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_305370_-1?WT.mc_id=C000000
What does this all mean, besides I'm losing my mind? LOL It means we have NO hard concrete evidence the release date will be March 22nd. So, until we hear further, I'm going to assume the 26th is the actual date.
I pre-ordered mine from Adorama at 11:37pm on March 1st and because of all of this, like an idiot, I paid the 65.00 to have it shipped overnight. I can only hope and pray I'm in the initial release.