« on: August 07, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
That's what I was afraid would happen. While it's possible it's the cards, you and I use different brands and different speeds. Moreover, between us we cover the two major brands I suspect others are using (SanDisk and Lexar).
I've been toying with returning my camera, but while I suspect we're the first to see/report this issue, it's possible that we won't be the last.
It could be a mismatch somewhere between camera settings (ala the "orientation specific AF" and AFMA issue reported earlier). I'm wondering if we have any "unique" settings in common:
* Before I started my shoot, I changed C.Fn3 so that "Low Speed" was 6 shots/sec. I then shot at that speed. After the lock-up, this value was reset to 3, but other values I had set at the same time retained their new values (e.g., changes to the custom menu).
* I had "orientation linked AF points" set -- I always have this set as the only lens I've used with the 1DX (a 70-200 L IS II) doesn't need AFMA
* I was constantly switching back and forth between portrait and layout shots
* I was also switching between "spot" metering (which I have linked to AF) and "evaluative"
* the camera had been on for longer than ever before (probably about 15 minutes or so)
Other than those, I didn't do anything different than normal. As for humidity/heat, I'm in the SF bay area, the day was dry and cool(ish).