« on: April 13, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »
I have placed a few posts talking about which lenses I wanted to get with my new Canon 5d mk iii. I just found out that in order to get it I would have to sell my current Canon 60d with 17-55 2.8, 15-85mm variable aperature. I would also have to put in $500 more out of pocket than I can afford right now. I have had it for three weeks with a 30 day return option and I love it. It is the kit. I am just not sure if its worth the extra $500 beyond the already sizeable investment. I have an upcoming trip to San Diego, CA and I really wanted to learn this camera so I could be comfortable with it buy August.
My first question is should I just go for it with the added expense?
Keep my setup and sell the 15-85 and buy the 70-200 f4IS & maybe the 50mm 1.4?
Or a third suggestion?
I am just trying not to make an emotional decision since I love the 5d3. I know a lot of you suggested invest in glass so now is the time I am seriously considering that over the full frame option.
My main gripe is the iso performance above 800 on the 60d which is why I was looking at it.