January 31, 2015, 11:35:22 PM

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - BozillaNZ

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
31
EOS Bodies / Re: Using full frame lens on crop body cameras ?
« on: December 16, 2014, 06:39:09 AM »

The only elements that would be smaller are the small elements nearest the camera. The largest grouping would be the same. on lenses longer than 50 or 60 mm it makes a hardly recognizable difference.

Telephoto yes, wide angle no. Just look at EF 24 2.8 and EF-s 24 2.8. The EF-s one is actually a 38 equivalent FoV one so it's narrower and a lot smaller.

Using a 70-200 on crop would be less wasteful than using a 16-35

32
EOS Bodies / Re: Noise - maybe it's good?
« on: December 16, 2014, 03:07:49 AM »
7D, ISO 12800, EF 50 1.4 wide open, 1/50s

http://i.minus.com/ibsIyGIQxSor42.jpg

100% crop:

http://i.minus.com/iUrUeOJWwm04n.jpg

33
EOS Bodies / Re: Using full frame lens on crop body cameras ?
« on: December 15, 2014, 10:51:42 PM »
When you mount the same FF lens to a APS-C 1.6x crop sensor, you are essentially only capturing 39% of the light (photons) the lens collects, and throws away the rest of the 61%. No matter how you spin, that is a loss.

So yes, using FF lens on APS-C is wasteful, because you could as well use a native APS-C lens with the same focal length and aperture, and it will be a lot smaller and lighter because the glass in it collects light from a narrower angle of view so it doesn't have to be as large.

34
Center weighted because I don't want the AF point to influence my choice of exposure. I will always dial in +/- EC before the exposure, judged by the zone distribution of the scene I want to photograph. So no right choice for my in the topic since I am not trying to be "lucky" but try to dial in the actual exposure.

35
EOS Bodies / Re: Canon 5D mkIV
« on: December 10, 2014, 10:19:45 PM »
Take the 5D3, put 7D2's 65-pt all cross focus system, 150k meter (this one is optional), 36MP Exmor sensor and you can shut up and take my money!

36
Lenses / Re: 85 1.2 Clipped Bokeh
« on: December 09, 2014, 10:47:49 PM »
Yes, it's caused by the mirror box geometry blocking light rays exiting the rear element (essentially forming a rectangle aperture). Just something you have to live with by getting a f1.2 lens on an SLR type camera.

You can reduce the effect by stopping down, and moving the background lights further away the subject.

37
EOS Bodies / Re: I killed my brand new 7D MK2 today
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:30:42 PM »
"I killed my brand new 7D II today --- with a hammer!"

There are only two things which are infinite: The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former... says Albert-who?

38
EOS Bodies / Re: Canon Announces the Cinema EOS C100 Mark II
« on: October 21, 2014, 08:15:08 PM »
Does it have 4K recording?
How many stops of usable sensor DR?

Please at least let us see a glimpse of hope that you will up in the sensor game? If it's the same 11-bit sensor they can go to hell.

39
EOS Bodies / Re: Canon Announces CN20x50 Cine-Servo Ultra Zoom Lens
« on: October 16, 2014, 02:58:44 PM »
Why us mere mortals have to care about this?!

And does it increase the DR of their cine cameras? BOOOOO!!!!!! ::) ::)

40
EOS Bodies / Re: 7D MkII RAW sample images
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:20:49 PM »
It's the same 11-bit DR sensor, nothing to see here, move along.

41
EOS Bodies / Re: EOS 6D Mark II to Move Upmarket? [CR1]
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:11:01 PM »
I think people need to take their brand-glasses off if they can't see how the 6D was intentionally crippled.

Exactly, if they didn't put the old ass 1 cross point AF in 6D, the sales wouldn't be so bad. Even the AF from 600D where you can rely on a outer cross point is far better.

Canon should learn from Nikon in this aspect. Put the 61-pt AF on next 6D and 65-pt all cross AF on next 5D, you will sell more and there is nothing to cannibalize.

If next round of FF from Canon still has the lame 11-bit DR sensors and 11-pt AF for entry models, consider me a goner. My faith in Canon is at 15% now.

42
EOS Bodies / Re: Canon profit report
« on: October 14, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »
No new sensor == no sale for me.

I'm gonna hang on to my old trusty 1Ds2 and 1Ds3 pair until Canon comes out with a true next gen sensor, or till my patience run out and dump em all.

43
Reviews / Re: Product Review – Nikon D810 vs Canon Mark III
« on: October 14, 2014, 09:45:35 PM »
Wow, if the dude in the video was a foot taller, he'd look like a clone of one of my photography instructors.

If he was 10 times smarter he would be Einstein.  ???

44
Reviews / Re: Product Review – Nikon D810 vs Canon Mark III
« on: October 14, 2014, 08:39:04 PM »
Meh, another DR war...

45
Reviews / Re: Tony Northrup - D810 vs. 5D Mk3
« on: October 14, 2014, 08:38:07 PM »
Meh, another DR war...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14