A last minute video shot for Trinity Home and Investment
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
I do videography as my main practice. I would most definitely get the 70-200 2.8 II is over the 4.0.. The "is" on the f/4 doesn't help video in dark situations like it does with photography. I have 2.8 my partner has 4.0 and he's always want to open up more. if you have the money then the 2.8.
I also would opt for the the 24-70 over the 16-35. Better all around lens unless you either want the is and extra reach on the 24-105 f/4.0 or do a lot of landscape the 16-35.
1. 24-70 2.8 over 16-35 2.8 because there are more situations the 24-70 would be used - fewer lens changes
2. 24-70 2.8 over 24-105 f/4 is in the chance of being in darker areas.. and shallow dof
3. 24-105 4.0 is over 24-70 2.8 if your doing a lot of handheld/monopod video
4. 16-35 2.8 if you absolutely need 8mm wider than the 16-35
50 1.4, or 1.2 although i love my 1.8
70-200mm 2.8 is ii
I would wait for the new 24-70 mrk II. I bought 3 copies in the past, NONE of them gave me the sharpness that I'm looking for.
100% agreed with 50mm f1.4. tack sharp on my 5D III
It is very easy to produce a camera worse than 5DII.
1. They can use a 600-like body
2. They can omit Lens Micro Adjustment
3. They can put a worse viewfinder
Even the use of an SD card although of course NOT WORSE by itself may mean that many CF users who have put a lot of money to buy very good CF cards will have to buy again cards...
No way on that 5d2..in a few years the 5d2 will be worth $700-1000 street value while a 5d3 will still be worth at least $2000, maybe $2500. So there's your $1300 gone if you buy the 5d2. If you doubt that, do an used gear search on the 5d vs 5d2. Also:
1. AF is way better on 5d3...really, very superior AF!
2. 6fp vs 4fps
3. All the "little improvements" that Canon made...and there are too many to list.
all this is easily worth $1,300. If you buy the 5d2, the first time you find the AF hunting, you'll start doubting your purchase, and the doubt will only get worse...