« on: August 11, 2012, 12:37:20 AM »
The 7D's AF is brilliant, best in class. The 5D3 is even better than the 7D's AF, which isn't a slouch.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Canon has too many High-end compact systems already. I doubt this one will amount to anything.
The pro1 series was and probably will be equipped with high quality L glass; none of the canon mirrorless or big sensor compact cameras has this type of lens.
Another rumor that in my opinion make sense.
Thankfully the D800 is here. None of the photos I ever took the last 10 years made me smile until the D800. Now photography can begin.
You mileage may vary, but I could see a 70D in the near future for less.
I expect the the 70D will follow the specs more closely from the 60D than the 7D. No AFMA, etc., etc.
wait on it. The 7D is a good camera but will be replaced soon.
Wrong. It will not be replaced "soon" and some even doubt if it will be replaced at all.
+1 just look at the CR thread on an October announcement for a 6D (possible 22MP FF body likely to be priced in the $2k to $2.5k range based on Canon's recent pricing policy).
Those who tell you to wait are not looking at the big picture, for instance, IF (not when or WILL) the current 7D is replaced, then this raises new questions regarding whether or not the 7D mk 1 will be discontinued or not, if not, then this could only be down to a substantial price hike, thus leaving the 7D1 in the model range alongside a newer 7D2 (like the 5D2 and the 5D3). Alternatively, if the current 7D is phased out of the model line, then prices are likely to INCREASE as dealers inventories run down and availability (Supply) diminishes.
This is precisely what occurred with the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens. Everyone on CR said "Don't buy the old 24-70mm, wait and keep your cash for the new 24-70mm Mk II" (which by the way are still as hard to find in dealer stores as a Yeti). I pulled the trigger on the older standard zoom L lens last Christmas and I could sell it today for between +30% to +50% more than I paid for it (one grand last December 23).
Finally, a lot of the previous comments assume you have thousands to spend and/or have the luxury of time to wait indefinitely on a company (Canon) who have a track record of announcing (late) then not delivering to schedule. If you have got a few grand to spend then go and get yourself a 5D3, but if you're on a budget like me, get the 7D, use it, and hey it if you have to sell it 6 months to 1 year down the road, well... you might lose 50 to 100 bucks on it....money well spent.
You cannot replicate a polarizer in Photoshop. GND yes, CPL, no.
Ok? Why? Is it because the informaton on the RAW file is insuffisient, thus not giving you the range to tweak in pp? I thought that you could alter the type of saturation through masking afterwards. If this is right, and I am not suggesting that you and Neuro are wrong, means that I will have to get a CPL for all my lenses, before I take a plunge into Lee.
I have the cash, I want full frame very badly. I don't need that much camera as I'm not professional but 2900 for 7k shutter sounds like a good deal. There's a big camera sale coming this weekend locally I wonder if they might have 5d2s cheaper? Obviously the 5d3 is a heck of a lot more camera than 5d2(5d2 im sure would be amazing) and heck the rumored 6d might be more than 5d2(5d2 still prolly way awesome?). I just don't want to miss a potential good deal, unless you guys think prices on 5d3 an 5d2 may drop a bit after a potential 6d comes out? I have a 40d and 50d with a few efs lenses but I don't mind selling them, I would sell the 17-55 and 40d most likely. I can be very impulsive so I'm looking for grounded people to give me better advice. And if I go with 5d2 I want to buy the kit new. Thanks everyone I know I'm not the first one to make a thread like this!!
Just wanted some opinions and thoughts from either 7D owners or people probably in the same boat as me, who are unsure if they should upgrade to a 7D now or wait until after photokina, in case a new camera comes out?
I have a 500D now, however I've out grown it and looking for a more versatile camera.
Thanks for our comments!