November 25, 2014, 10:14:15 PM

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - RLPhoto

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 235
1906
Lenses / Re: 135mm + 1.4 extender _VS_ 70-200mm f/2.8 IS mkI
« on: January 06, 2013, 11:05:05 AM »
I've been wanting a 70-200II for awhile now and every time I pick one up I realize why I've been waiting so long. It's just heavy to lug around, white and 2000$.

Unless you do a lot of action photos, get the 70-200 but you will always have to lug it around. With the 135L, you just take a tiny little tele converter.


1907
EOS Bodies - For Stills / Re: Thinking of downgrading my 5d3 system
« on: January 06, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »
The mk3 is not the problem, the problem is those heavy 2.8 zooms which the 70-200L weights about 4LBs.

That's one reason I've come to love small, light primes. 24L + 50 1.4 + 135L are fantastic to carry. If you want mobility and lens speed, try some small primes.

1908
Sell it and save the cash for another MK3. That's how my 7D went.

1909
A upper body workout might help. :|

1910
Third Party Manufacturers / Re: BLOWN away.
« on: January 06, 2013, 10:44:26 AM »
#not impressed @ 2800$.

1912
The 1000th post earns the 1Dx marker, Even though I have no use for such a beastly camera.

1913
Lenses / Re: Canon 24-70mm F4 IS - anybody bought one yet ?
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:12:42 PM »
The minor performance upgrade from the 24-105L is not worth twice the $$$. This lens is DOA @ 1499$.

1914
Speedlites, Printers, Accessories / Re: 5D mark iii & off-camera flash
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:47:13 AM »
Its funny because I used to use my 7D for strobist stuff and now i'm in the same predicament.

Currently, I'm using el cheapo Cowboy Radio Triggers but I plan on eventually replacing my 580EXII units for 600EX-RT units. The cowboy triggers are reliable to 60ft and I shoot manual flash anyway.

Get a few cowboy triggers, They're pretty cheap.

1916
EOS Bodies / Re: Camera (Body Only) or Camera with Bundle Kit
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:05:24 AM »
If your willing to learn about photography and cameras, I'd never buy crop again.

5Dc + 50mm 1.8/1.4


1917
EOS Bodies - For Stills / Re: 5d3 and FoCal errors
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:02:17 AM »
My method of Focal is shooting a barcode over and over and over to determine the lenses behavior of either front or back focusing. Make an adjustment and repeat. It just tuned my primes last night and now they're even better.  ;D

1918
Lenses / Re: January 8, 2013 Announcements?
« on: January 04, 2013, 09:58:35 AM »
4 days left... let's wait and see.  :)

It would be good a 14-24 or something like that.

More interested in 35L II with weather sealing ;)

Even More Interested in a 135mm F/1.8L IS.  ;D

1919
Canon General / Re: Single point auto focus
« on: January 04, 2013, 09:57:21 AM »
90% of my 5D3 shooting is precise Single Point, the Other 10% is AF-expansion + Assist-beam.

1920
Software & Accessories / Re: Oddest kit purchase?
« on: January 04, 2013, 08:48:53 AM »
In a jewelry shoot, I used my white T shirt as a bounce card.  :P

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 235