Nice shots Dawid....welcome to cr.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Red-breasted Merganser drake...
Skillful photographer + good lens = photo likes this
I can't wait to have something like this in my collection
Kea - a New Zealand icon
Jock....I'll give you my thoughts.
With the sigma 150-500 at 500, it's just not a real sharp lens at 500, even at f8, decent but not great. But there are a couple things you could do to help get better focus and sharpness.
First, with faster moving subjects, I really like to shoot at twice the focal length....1/1000 in this case with your 500mm. You were at 1/640...so I think this will help. With the 500mm and flying birds, 1/1000 is your absolute minimum..IMO.
Second...learn to use a good editing tool to improve contrast, sharpness...etc. I did a two minute edit on my iPad to your first photo, just cropping, straightening, and sharpening....it helps. I used snapseed..it's free.
Good luck sir!
Original and the edit
I can’t thank you enough Northstar, I will try Snapseed as you have recommended, sounds like it will suit my needs perfectly with my current kit, Microsoft Picture Manager does not have a “sharpening” tool and this is the only program I have used this far, just for cropping or increasing/decreasing colour, brightness etc.
I really appreciate your critique as I knew that the IQ errors were down to the dodgy user rather than the lens, I will increase my shutter speed next time I’m out, and would an increase to f10/12 help too? As in will more of the bird be in focus if I’m using spot metering??
Again, thanks for your help.
I went out to the lake again at the weekend, I tried to focus manually this time and I got some good results, I’ll start off with my favourite pic of the day, ISO 400, 640th, f8 shot with my Sigma 500mm then cropped about 50%, I still see that it’s a bit soft, can anyone help my improve my sharpness…..without buying and using LR!!!!
Second pic was shot at the same settings, and so was the third!!
I havent read this rest, but if you opinion differs from mine, this analogy doesnt work. We know we shouldn't drink nor smoke(which I do neither),but the problem is PEOPLE LIKE TO. I'm sure that you're making a case that these young ladies did NOT want to have sex though.QuoteYou're talking to someone who has no biological children, yet deals with many women and takes care of their children as his own.. Not sure what this means?
AAphotog...wow, after reading all of your posts, where do I begin. Let me get this straight, your main point is that the girls consented to the sex and so it's ok? Let's start there:
1. We all know that the girl/model should just say "no" and leave...we also all know that we shouldn't smoke, drink excessively, overeat, abuse drugs, have unprotected sex, drive drunk, cheat on your spouse.....etc..etc. My point is that the girl knows she should say "no" and leave, but it's not that simple.
2. Here is the definition of rape in the civilized world. You seem to not fully understand the definition...especially the part about coercion and deception.
Definition of Rape. The exact definition of "rape" differs from state-to-state within the U.S. and by country internationally. Generally, rape is defined as sexual contact or penetration achieved:
without consent, or
with use of physical force, coercion, deception, threat, and/or
when the victim is:
mentally incapacitated or impaired,
physically impaired (due to voluntary or involuntary alcohol or drug consumption)
3. So with the definition clearly laid out.....how about the young 18-20 girls (I use the word "girls" with purpose) that are being sent to him under contract from their employer, the modeling agency, to work for a high profile photographer. And when this young girl is faced with his alleged Quid Pro Quo advances...read this part carefully.... then that is sexual harassment. And, if his alleged words, actions, and suggestions are powerful enough to manipulate/persuade her to make a mistake and consent, then that is a form of rape.
4. Most people understand that "kids" at 18 to 20 years old often times make some terrible decisions. Faced with a quid pro quo situation when tempted by money, career advancement, fame...etc...some "kids" will make a mistake for which they'll later regret. The situation shouldn't be brushed aside or dismissed with "don't whine about it" as you wrote. These people should speak up so maybe it won't happen to the next victim /girl....AND, maybe a DA will take notice.
5. My last point, why the heck are you arguing so strongly about this subject on this post? Think about it, you are arguing a point that most here disagree with you on, that take your character and morals into question because of the very sensitive subject at hand (protecting the interests of young/vulnerable women)and you're doing it for absolutely nothing to gain....nothing to gain at all. Not that bright. IMO.
Sorry to be a jerk, but when it comes to people brushing aside and justifying the acts of alleged sexual predators, it really rubs me the wrong way...and many others as you can see.
One last thing.... these are all allegations, and that should be kept in mind.
Ok, I'm reading through your post. Coercion or deception, huh?
I guess MANY men rape women then. How many men are out there claiming to love their women, simply to sleep with them??? Are they all being honest, or simply decieving that woman? So, by your definition, that's rape as well
Here I am with nothing to gain, yet argue my opinion which is against many others, yet its not bright? Simply because its not following everyone elses beliefs? hahaha I guess I should just be a follower then? With that being said, all of the other models slept with him, why should everyone else? You've got to do better, sir.
Key word, ALLEGED.
No one alleged he was a sexual predator with all of these facts BEFORE these women shot with him.
No one said he was a sexual predator WHILE shooting with him
Its only AFTER the fact that these individuals want to jump on this band wagon and state these things to the public.
IM NOT BUYING IT!
You said, maybe they should speak up so a DA can take notice. Why go to the news outlets about it, as opposed to the police then?
It simply doesn't add up
You're talking to someone who has no biological children, yet deals with many women and takes care of their children as his own.. Not sure what this means?
Been out shooting awhile, here is a recent favorite
Untitled by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr
some guy tried barging into one of my rooms while I was at work ... left his mark!
The lynx was pure luck. I was out to shoot moose when the lynx came. It has never happened before and I don´t believe I will experience that again, but I sure will try.Food in sight!
1DX, 200-400 f4L IS 1.4x, 560mm, f6.3, 1/200s, ISO1000
Eldar...are these wild? Timberwolves are so hard to capture that just getting an image of wild wolves is great. Nice shot! Looks like you focused on the Alpha.
I like how you've composed this shot....lynx and wolves are two challenging subjects....impressive work!
If wild, what happened next...did they spot/smell you?
What are they preoccupied with?
The wolfs are wild, but I had some expert help who led me to them. We were in a hideout, with the wind against us, so they did not spot us. There was a crack in the forest to our right and the alpha, which I assume the standing wolf was, jumped to his feet and by the next crack they were gone. Poor moose I guess, but great experience.
Cats will be cats.
Food in sight!
1DX, 200-400 f4L IS 1.4x, 560mm, f6.3, 1/200s, ISO1000