« on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:57 PM »
Yes, it's very tempting to invest into Sony's camera these days. So many excellent reviews on different websites. Today I've read about the DxOmark (yeah, I'm aware about some concerns how they rate the lenses) rated the Zeiss 55 1.8 FE lens very close to 55 1.4 Otus.
Mr. Surapon, I am definitely not as experienced as many folks here. Others can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that your Canon lenses won't work as good on Sony as on Canon cameras. If I buy Sony camera, it will probably be a successor of alpha a99, which will be released within the next few months. In this case, I will have both Canon + Canon lenses and Sony + Sony/Zeiss lenses.
P.S. One of the folks on sonyalpharumors.com posted this comment. Some things to keep in mind before investing into Sony.
Sony will be in big trouble soon. How I know this? Because of big indicators.
* Sony cutting camera budget, Sony EMCS laying off up to 40% of workers at Kohda.
* Sony officially cut pipeline concept of 5 A-mount cameras for 2014 down to 1.
* Sony cancel development work on 400/4 and 24-105/4 lens and sell future development rights back to Olympus
* Sony no more advertize for A-mount in any USA product space (magazine, in store, etc). Advertize was always weak spot for Sony, but now budget is removed completely.
* Sony removed $2.5 million of R&D budget for FY2014 for ILC camera (Both A- and E-).
* Sony contract of CMOS sensor sales with Nikon ends in March and rumor heard is will not renew.
* Sony using many more plastics in new camera than before to cut costs. Repair rate up 14% due to cheap matirial.
* Sony continue move production to Thailand and quality suffer more.