« on: December 20, 2012, 10:46:29 AM »
The real question is, do I wait for the new 85 1.8 IS, or buy the 85L?
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Yes! I would totally pay $800 for that. I was about to buy the 85 1.8, this makes my decision harder.
The 85mm f/1.8 is like $300 used, I wouldn't let a lens that's going to cost 3x that (and who knows when it will be released) stop you from picking it up. Get the 85, it's a stellar lens (one of the highest rated on DxO period) and you'll have no trouble selling it if you want to upgrade in the future.