1. Are 18 Megapixels enough?
Ans: I would say "YES", but no objection if < 25...
2. Why do we need more than 12 stops of DR?
Ans: See all of the following
a. Lanscape photographers wants,
b. More capability has always been prefered as nice to have,
c. Recover wrong exposure images... (Note: Wrong exposure means image is different from expectation.)
3. What ISO setting will we need to take pictures on a new moon night? Do we really need anything better than the 1D X / 6D?
Ans: Have not been shooting moon before, but guess s16 rule is probabaly fine ISO-100 | f/16 | 1/100
4. When will mirrorless camera take over? Bonus: When will they pass the Turing test???
Ans: I do not know, but I do not like EVF, not fun and not challenge.
5. Assuming Sony, Nikon, or Fuji had the same lens selection as Canon, and money was no issue, would you switch? Why?
Ans: Not swiching but buy more (Note: Money was no issue) Nikon and Fuji only, Sony... Forget it...
6. Is IS necessary on wide angle lenses? Do you even use IS on your lenses?
Ans: Umm... See 2(b)
7. What's better, USM or STM?
Ans: Ooops, I do not know. All I know is STM is best for DPAF and benefit in live view only...
Note: I do not use live view. If I fail to take a picture, that is my fault and I need to learn more...
8. Should DSLRs have video or is just a waste of R&D & money?
Ans: Videographers will hunt me out if I am trying to answer this question LOL...
9. Is DxOMark THE authority on lens and sensor measurements?
Ans: Fun to read, but not to trust since involving with business. Never trust business people unless I have to
Note: I was raised in a business family
Regarding question number 4, mirrorless with EVF. I understand why people who use EVF shooting outside. It is simply because of sun bright. How about in door? Why don't they use liveview? It is bigger, brighter (might be), etc... Afaid to be called as point and shoot camera? LOL
Well, I have seen number of people do things kinda like this... Anyways, mirrorless is fun to play around with and have, but I will not trade my OVF for EVF unless I have both capability like Fujifilm, am able to select my focus in the crowd quick and precise...
Now, Canon please let me see 7D Mark II. I am fine with just seeing how it look like, been waiting so long...