As a 7D owner, am curious for input on if I should wait for a 7D Mk II or just go for the 70D. The 70D does have some interesting features, especially the highly touted AF system, but I worry if I upgrade now the 7D Mk II may be far superior with the same AF system, dual DiGiC 5s, and probably even higher FPS shooting (as a sports photographer that's important!). While I can wait, I can't wait forever. Probably til the end of the year? Anyone know/think they know when the 7D Mk II will come out?? Should I wait?I will wait - but then I've already bought a 5D3 and delegated the 7D as the 2nd body (moving up from 7D+60D), and one key feature where 7D is better is burst length, and 70D is worse in that respect. I'm also addicted to the custom modes, and the 70D only has one, like the 60D (5D3 and 7D can be customized similarly enough to make switching between them a breeze).
Given 70D specs and price, I expect there will be a 7D2, with 7D-level customization, higher fps and bigger buffer, better AF (with optical viewfinder that is, probably same in live view), weather sealing (but maybe no flexible LCD or touch screen), maybe dual card slots. I hope it will *not* have integrated vertical handle, though; if it does I'll probably skip it.
As for when, who knows. The 70D should be available in August; I would be surprised if the 7D2 is announced before that, but I guess it just might be timed to hit Christmas market. But I wouldn't bet on it, could be well into next year as well.