"Video 1920×1080 30fps (ALL-I or IPB)
Gee...I don't even have an HD TV yet. The only HD device in my house is my computer. I may buy a 4k device later this year, but it will be used as a computer monitor. I'm not planning to replace my CRT SD TVs at any point in the foreseeable future.
1. You are in the extreme minority still using SD 4:3 CRT for movies/TV. (personally I've had HD1080P TV since early 2007 and HD1080 tuner for computer monitor since something like 2005)
2. even you say you are going 4k for a monitor later this year and that could certainly be used to view 4k no?
3. 4k allows for much better quality 1080P overall
4. 4k can act as a 2x TC for 1080P wildlife
5. 4k allows for panning in 1080P frame
beyond just not having 4k, it sounds like no zebras, focusing aids, raw historgram, no 1080p60, not even the (granted in many ways useless, at least from a quality standpoint) clean HDMI out, for all we know it might even have aliasing (so far only 1DX and 5D3 have provided video without bad aliasing from Canon)
Granted, if they the stills totlaly knocks it out of the park (exmor performance, 50MP, 6+ fps in cropped modes, etc.) the video could be forgiven (although still a shame and a major lost selling point that will cost Canon money one way or another) and the stills would be totally amazing.