I'll be doing some landscape work soon, and I was wondering everyone's take on shading the LCD for LiveView work.
I've seen all kinds of gadgets -- as simple as a three-sided square hood and as complicated as a Hoodman / Zacuto / etc.
I am looking for something that will:
- Shade my 5D3's LCD from bright sunlight, specifically during LV landscape work.
- Should be able to stay on the camera without holding it
- Come on/off easily without requiring significant hardware or any adhesive
- Not require the bottom or side of the camera / not interrupt my Arca plate
- As I don't shoot landscape too often, it would be nice (but not mandatory) to be able to see the camera buttons and the LV screen at the same time (for more realtime confirmation of button-press = result), see my ND grad filters and the screen at the same time, etc.
I realize the last requirement effectively kills off the viewfinder-like attachments, but sell me on those if you truly think they are a winner.
I do not shoot video. Please completely disregard that need with this request.
All said, what do you recommend? I am game for a product, a jury-rigged contraption, or even a simple best practice. What's the way to go?