I feel that cps members with a crap ton of points should get this free...
A free cow-poop ice cream cone is still a cow-poop ice cream cone :/
I'm deeply entrenched in the tech industry and I just can't see using "cloud" at this time:
1) ISPs feel they have the right to choke you down if you use 'too much'* bandwidth or to the wrong provider
2) Likelihood of outage to your ISP, anyone in between, the actual service
3) Data breeches by adverse outside parties
4) Sharing of data with outside sources via pressure (national security letter)
5) Sharing of data for profit (advertisers, 'meta data')
6) Hidden clauses in endless EULAs that turn ownership of your IP into someone else's
Now, I'm beginning to sound like a security nut, but I've had it with the cloud snake oil. There has been a systematic disingenuousness of most large companies that seems to be the accepted norm, and people are turning over more and more control and aren't really getting anything for it.
Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly hop on board when I might be getting something I really want, but until, at very least, ISPs are forced to disclose limits and advertise ACTUAL average upstream/downstream and who they are blacklisting/whitelisting, I'll take my local software and hard backups.
Oi. Rant off.
*an arbitrary number, that they won't ever tell you